Easy wine making recipe

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by pondbuster, Nov 24, 2018.

1. pondbuster

pondbuster 6 pointer

Aug 6, 2006
    An amish guy down the road was telling me about his father's wine recipe that didn't require yeast. He bragged that they only used sugar and it was so sweet. Anyone ever heard of this? Anyone willing to help me get started? Need a recipe....

2. Bubbles

Bubbles 6 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    That's called fruit juice lol. No yeast means no fermentation.

I didn't say likes this.
  3. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I got a Walgreens about 2 miles away. That’s about as easy as it gets. No but seriously I must be a cheap wine drinker. My wife has an uncle that is financially well off and he has spent time in Napa Valley studying wine making. He is Italian and also visits the mothership from time to time. I swear to me his wine taste like arse! And don’t be trying to give me no room temperature stuff either! I like it cold.

invasion36 and I didn't say like this.
  4. I used to be the same way but after I downed a couple bottles of decent red blends I started to appreciate the flavor of the grapes. Much like a good stout, drinking a good wine cold suppresses the flavors. I can’t even drink those chilled, sweet Lambrusco wines anymore.

5. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Dudes,
    This is a beer an whiskey drinking forum. No winos

6. I bet I ain’t the only scarlet water drinker around here.

7. baknblack

baknblack 8 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    I like wine. Just about any semi-sweet with 12 to 13 percent alcohol hits my taste buds just right. To me dry wine sucks. As does the really sweet low alcohol stuff.

8. Bubbles

Bubbles 6 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    Semi-sweet is where it's at. I have been making roughly 5 gallons a month but I just found a new source of juice and have 10 gallons going right now to be ready at Christmas. If they taste good, will try to make 30 gallons a month. My best wine is around 10% but I have made several at 13%.

drakeshooter and Lady Hunter like this.
  9. baknblack

baknblack 8 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    All that wine I'm sure you need help drinking it.

10. Bubbles

Bubbles 6 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    My aunts and cousins have graciously volunteered to assist. Several were asking at Thanksgiving if it will be ready by Christmas....gonna be close

11. Bubbles

Bubbles 6 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    I am looking forward to experimenting with adding oak

12. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    I buy a twist off jug for the holidays every year. Keep it on the back porch to wash turkey or prime rib down. Lambrusco makes a great base for Gluwien as well. (Warmed, spiced wine, German specialty)

drakeshooter likes this.
  13. KYT

KYT 8 pointer

May 3, 2008
    Eastern Ky.
    Supposedly grape skins have natural yeast . Depending on how sweet the grapes are you can add sugar to adjust the alcohol content. If you are not going to store it long the alcohol doesn't have to be as high, so go by taste.

14. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    3 1/2 cups of sugar
    1 package of yeast
    14 cups of water
    2 packs of Koolaid
    It don't get much easier.

15. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    Malbec is the only type of wine ive ever liked. Its pretty dry. Some brands and years are better than others but i dont care for many of the wines folks around here make. Too sweet, and tastes like kids fruit punch with a shot of everclear in it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 6:59 AM