Does anyone know

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Todd H, Dec 5, 2018 at 4:27 PM.

1. Todd H

Todd H 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2011
    South Central, KY
    A man named Mark Carter from Beaver Dam?? My taxidermists is about to sell his large mouth mount and evidently he used my name and said I recommended him. I recommend Durbins to allot of folks....just hate to see someone lose their mount...but hasn't paid and wont answer their calls. Not trying to make anyone look bad just trying to get the word out cause I don't personally know him. Thanks

2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Don't know the guy your looking for but that happens a lot with fish and game people drop off at a taxidermist. They have good intentions when they do but when it comes time to pick their stuff up money becomes a problem. My friend was not taking any deposit on mounts and he got burned more than once. The forms and supply's involved are not cheap.

Todd H likes this.
  3. Todd H

Todd H 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2011
    South Central, KY
    Im sure I just hate to see someone lose something that obviously brought them great joy!! Its a dandy too!!

4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Yes it's a shame but the taxidermist has to recover his expenses also. At auction he may just may get back part of his money but they never get back the labor cost. My friend had a guy bring in a pet parrot promised he would be right back with a $25 deposit as that bird has been in his life 30 years. Friend was going to mount the bird for $75 because he said he knew the guy didn't have the money to pay regular price of $200. Parrot is still hanging in the shop after 4 years done and no sight or word from the guy who dropped it off. Catches me off guard sometimes as it is on a post between the main shop area and his work benches it looks so alive. At one time this past year and this year he had 35+ finished deer shoulder mounts sitting around the wall of the shop for months waiting on people to come pay the balance owed and pick them up.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 2:18 AM