Disgusting Vid about the wall

Discussion in 'Politics' started by High Rack, Jun 12, 2019.

1. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Trump needs to declare a national emergency. It’s warranted and he’d be justified in doing so. This is communist insanity and treason

drakeshooter likes this.
  2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Build a damn wall along the eastern Cali border.

cedar creek, xbokilla and JR in KY like this.
  3. Yeah right, I’m realizing more and more that he talks my talk but rarely walks it. Lots of hot air. Declare the damn emergency already and close it off right now, today.

4. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Easy kids. The gate is closed now.

What agency are they babbling about? BLM?

5. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Trump needs to declare a national emergency against the DEEP STATE!!

That is who open the gate or left it open.

Remember when Trump gave orders to remove Brennan's security clearance????

Guess what?? He still has it, the office responsible for doing it never got around to removing it. There is a long list of people in govt not doing what Trump orders.

By the way President Trump DID declare a national emergency on Feb 15, 2019.

slobear, Hillfarm and barney like this.
  6. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    It’s not so much this particular gate as it is the ridiculous amount of illegals FLOODING in everyday now. You have irresponsible/treasonous communists baiting poor people through out the world with free EVERYTHING. Governors, mayors, congressmen, and communist presidential candidates are openly inviting the entire population of the world to come here and destroy this county. Hell yeah they are coming. Why wouldn’t they? Even the communist media is now acknowledging that the border is massive problem. Illegal immigration is clearly now a major national security threat

drakeshooter likes this.
  7. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I'm not disagreeing with anything you said.

I'm just not going to get tore up over a random video somebody posts on the internet, knowing only their version of the events and context in which they occur. Because you and I happen to agree with the video narrators grievances, does not mean we should not look at it with a skeptical eye to ensure that actual facts, in their correct context, are being presented. To do otherwise is confirmation bias.

Yes, there was obviously a gate locked open. But I also see apparent law enforcement officials standing right there, that seemingly do not have a problem with a random dude walking right up to it and babbling incoherently into a camera. I'm spitballing here, but at least 2 or 3 officials shown do NOT appear to be either BLM, or Customs and Border Patrol agents, but local sheriff deputies WATCHING THE CROSSING. Also, the white tie dude appears to be inspecting the said gate. That leads me to believe, again, spitballing, that it was chained open illegally. Also, why are there banners and an American flag on a gate? I cannot imagine the controlling agency allowing that to happen, as it impedes the operation, and visibility to the other side. These are just some of the questions I ask when I see Social Media post such as these, regardless of my opinion of the message.

Given the state of social media today, in which YouTube is a player, it's incredibly hard to grasp the whole story of what's posted. I have no idea where this event even occurred, unless I missed it somewhere in the narrators ranting. Maybe everything is true, and I'm FOS. I just don't know, or have any way of knowing without spending a huge amount of time researching it, which ain't happening today. My point is, without verification of the facts, circumstances, I'm just not going to lose my mind over it.

8. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I agree. I hardly think a 16’ section of open wall is the problem. My comment was more directed to the daily reports from the border that things are reaching a critical level. Then the next story is about communists proposing trillions of dollars in new expenditures given to illegals. Logic and human behavior says that poor people throughout the world are goin to take their chances to get here. The flood gates are wide open and it’s pouring rain. The communists refuse to do anything other than add fuel to the fire. Our national future is threatened. I really hate the idea of a president declaring a national emergency...but I don’t think president trump has any other option. That’s all I’m saying.

9. If you aren’t mad as hell, LIVID, that illegal invaders who we have no idea their motives are pouring across our border — that’s fact not a YouTube video — then you’re dumb as they come imho....in general I mean not directed as any particular person before drawers get wadded up.

dirtstalker, barney and Carl like this.
  10. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I agree. But one has to rely on the cold hard facts, not a YouTube video or other sensationalized social media post we have no idea about. Confirmation bias works in both the left and right political spectrum, and we have to be careful not to succum to it.

Otherwise we’re all bunch of talking heads like the current Hollywood Sqaure’esq MSM.

drakeshooter likes this.
  11. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    This section of the wall was "the peoples wall" the one built with go fund me monies that the Corp of engineers said was impossible to build.......this was built in bout 4 days, and the ACLU as well as the local gooberment tried to stop.

12. Iceman, your intentions are crystal clear to anybody who’s followed you awhile, thus my caveat about not being directed at anyone in particular....was afraid you’d think I was getting on you. It’s ok to use a little brain horsepower like you do imho but I also get Ed’s point too. .

13. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I know it wasn’t directed at me. No worries. I’ve just got a few friends, on both the left and right, who post crazy crap all the time as fact, when a simple google search reveals that their “facts” aren’t the whole truth, just the “truth” that they desire, reinforced by someone’s video or meme.

I used to try and logically explain things to them, but then I realized that you really can’t have a long form, nuanced conversation on any Social media platform, so I stopped. Social media is great for spreading information, but terrible for vetting it, because people want to 100% believe whatever they see and agree with.

dirtstalker, Munson, bondhu and 2 others like this.
  14. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I’ve been saying this for years! US would benefit more from a wall around Cali than Mexico!

barney likes this.