December 8

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by docbuck, Dec 8, 2018 at 4:48 AM.

1. docbuck

docbuck 8 pointer

Nov 28, 2014
    western ky
    Good morning, who’s out?. Been absent for a couple weeks. My son shot his first nice buck last Saturday night at Indiana farm. We almost didn’t go because of warm, windy , stormy weather. He is ten and since my divorce we don’t get as much time In The woods together, so we went. In three hours we killed 2 coyotes, saw 40 turkeys , and he shot a nice 8 point with his 243. Shot another coyote with my bow on tuesday( that’s 4 in a week) .
    Anyway, I get more excited for the boy than anything these days , but I will be in Hartford with the smoke pole in about a half hour , good luck guys. Be careful

hollandhunter likes this.
  2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Up trying to get my wits about me. Almost time for a shower and get dressed, warm up the Yamaha. Load it up and do the mile ride over to the box. Good Luck everyone smoke a big one or lot's of little ones if you so choose.

3. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    Im headed out. I have hunted since early archery season. An still have yet to shoot a deer. I have past god knows how many trying to kill a 140plus buck. That all changes thisn morning. First nanny goat i see goes in the freezer. Im tired of fooling around.
    Congrata to you and your son on a succesfull hunt. Im 34 now but my mom and dad seperated when i was about 10. It was rough and i always stuck with my old man. An to this day other then my kids being born and marrying my wife those hunting memorys are my best memorys as a kid. He will never forget them days in the woods with ol dad. So make sure you make the best of it and never forget what its all about. Hate your going through the big d it sucks but i understand thst too. Im lucky i married the woman i can trust and we get along great. Been married for 12yrs and together for 14. But i had to go through a bunch to find her. Ha

davers and carnivore like this.
  4. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    Im out. Looking for 1 more fat doe

5. Checking in,the pain continues in greenup.LOL

6. Bigbluehunter23

Bigbluehunter23 Fawn

Oct 18, 2015
    Mt washington
    Sitting in the stand at ft Knox !!!! Seen several deer on the drive in. One nice little buck

7. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 6 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill/Wolfe County
    I have a good feeling about today! Good luck everybody.

davers and ojibwa62 like this.
  8. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    Heard more M/L shots last afternoon (sighting in) then I heard shots before rifle, got a feeling the woods are gonna be full of orange, Got the property corned up gonna stay out of the woods for a few days , lull them into a false sense of security. Good luck to the rest of you.

9. turkeyfan

turkeyfan 10 pointer

Dec 1, 2004
    Richmond, KY
    Set up in Scott county just wanting a big fat doe to step out. Buck tag filled now for some deer management. Good luck to all.

10. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Be in this afternoon with the bow. I'll shoot a buck if I see one I like, but really would like another doe....or 3

Ataulbe1 likes this.
  11. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    Doe down was back at the truck by 730. Seen several but right at the end a doe and a fawn came up to me and the doe looked right at me an busted me. She didnt make it outta the field. Ha

Ataulbe1, Munson and carnivore like this.
  12. wildcatfan

wildcatfan Fawn

Dec 20, 2013
    I went and saw a few does early. No bucks and all movement within the first 15 minutes

13. Will be back in for evening hunt,packing up toleave now

14. davers

davers 10 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    Very quiet in my neck-of-the-woods, this morning. Talked a bit with a bow hunter, while I was on my morning walk. He said he'd seen around three Doe, but was waiting for a Buck.