Complete Camp Setups and suggestions

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by TripleGee, May 14, 2018.

1. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Yeah this is probable supposed to go in the camping section but I wanted to get the most input as possible.
    I've decided to get back into tent camping without roughing it. I once saw a group of folks from Ohio come into a campground, set up tents and canopy over table and leave for the lake within one hour. Their organization was amazing especially as far as time management. I'm taking their basic strategy and using it for my own.

So, do any of you on here do the big time tent camping experience? And can i see your setups?

I'm wanting to get a large tent at least a 14 by 20 up to a 10x20 or so and place 2 queen sized double stacked air mattresses and 2 twins in it if both my girls go. Gonna get extra tarps for ground cover and air cover also.

Would like ideas and input from y'all on what else you've done that I may not have thought of. And, as usual, I'm very appreciative of all your input.
    Thanks.

2. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    All I can tell you is it takes a lot of trial and error, and hatd experience to get that kind of set up together.

3. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    On some hunting trips we have gone on out west we set up a cook tent. We set up a pop-up canopy and zip tie a couple tarps to the sides to block wind. Setup a cabelas camp kitchen set and a table to eat at. Supper nice setup for cooking and eating. We enjoy camping out when on hunts. Great times.