can you say over engineered

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ojibwa62, Jan 9, 2019.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    Remember when Howie long did the Chevy commercials and made fun of Ford's bumper / tailgate "man" step? What fat lazy city boy designed this. They keep making trucks sit lower and lower for crash safety reasons and people still can get in the beds. Will pickups ever just be utility vehicles again? And can you even buy a plain Jane truck anymore?

2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Where are the handrails ?

ojibwa62 likes this.
  3. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I think that's pretty cool. I love gadgets as long as they are durable.

4. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    these gadgets, most IMO are unnecessary and not practical, is what runs the cost up on vehicles. sell me a truck for $20K less without all of the fancy motors and electronics that control everything; tail gates, running boards, mirrors, etc.

5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    Has a little handle that folds out of the way.. the day I need this to get into my truck I will also need a hoveround.. lol

6. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    I would also bet if you damaged it that little tail gate would cost you around $3k especially if it has electronics in it.. lol just unnecessary crap like you said that drives up the price, give me an old paid for bull nosed Ford square bodied Chevy or old Toyota 4x4 any day the maintenance to keep it on the road is cheaper then a new truck.. but to each his own if you like it buy.. I personally think all new trucks a souless and butt ugly.

7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

How about one of those stair lift deals. Think they make a portable one ? :D

8. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Boys..... all I got to say is whoever invented heated & cooled seats for vehicles.... I hope that guy is rolling in money somewhere on a beach with all the alcohol & women his heart desires.

Capttrae, gung, Meatstick and 2 others like this.
  9. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    Bet GM has one in the works.. lol

10. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    Now I hate to admit it but that was a great idea, the wife loves hers.. if I had to put money on I would bet Volvo came up with the first heated seats if not them Mercedes..

11. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    Well I'll be damned Google says GM came up with the first heated seats or SAAB depending on who you believe..

12. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    I like the functionality but given what my tailgate looks like on my 01, theres no way in hell any of that would work on a truck i own after 3 years of hard use.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  13. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I was fixin' to say they can keep everything but the heated seats!

ojibwa62 likes this.
  14. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    My wife's last few vehicles have had heated seats.... but the truck I have now is my first to have the heated and cooled seats.

Man ....there aint nothing compared to cool air blowing up your crotch when its 100 degrees.... or a nice toasty rear end & back when its 20 degrees.

Which my last truck was a "work truck" series....had cloth seats, rubber flooring (which I liked), no cruise, no power windows or locks. Basically I had A/C, radio and manual 4wd shifter in the floor.....just not a lot of creature comforts...and drove it for over 10 years. Being I cant tell anyone how many times I wished it had this or that....especially cruise control.

So... this summer when I started looking at trucks...my wife told me I needed to treat myself to one loaded up....never had one. Fact being... she pretty much picked it out.

Heck ....I'm not too proud to admit it...but I even got a heated steering wheel and automatic dimming head lights.

Capttrae and barney like this.
  15. Munson

Munson 8 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    I went from a 02 Silverado to a 12F250 (yeah I knoo_O) that's plain as it gets. Hell I'm over 6ft and it's a b#tch to lean over the wide console and role down windows or unlock the dang door. Spoiled I guess:confused:. Getting out in a mud hole because u forgot to lock the hubs is fun too:rolleyes: just sayin..lol