Bears!

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Kaibaby, May 21, 2017.

1. Kaibaby

Kaibaby 6 pointer

Oct 23, 2005
    Went 4wheeling last sat here in Harlan Co. on black mountain to try to spot some bears and did I ever. In one short stretch of no more than a mile I saw 11 bears. Mom & 2 cubs, then Mom & 2 cubs, then a loner, then a Mom and 3 cubs. Conditions were perfect and I figure it was a rare day, them probably picking fresh grass on the strip roads, but I see them in these same areas plus others all the time in often in numbers.
    But it just goes to show how many we really have. Far more than they claim. The rifle season here is a joke as far as timing, almost mid December. The bow season is a good time, I believe late oct, but the gun season needs to be changed. Who even wants to hunt then. Bear in my garbage 2wice just in last couple weeks.

Gooch likes this.
  2. Gooch

Gooch 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2004
    .lincoln co ky
    ive [heard] of several 7-8 sightings here in lincoln co,but have never seen one yet,id love too.

3. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 8 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Been several sightings in Lawrence co.,wife almost hit one the other evening.Id just as soon they go somewhere else myself,it's hard enough to dodge the deer,and keep them in control around the garden.

4. MikeKy

MikeKy 10 pointer

Feb 17, 2008
    I wonder when the annual western KY bear sightings will begin this year. Seems like a couple of years ago one was spotted in Warren and Todd counties. A year before there was one roaming around Ohio, Daviess and Muhlenberg counties.

5. elkaholic

elkaholic 10 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    I saw a facebook post a grizzly was seen in Lewis county. But there was also a facebook post of a shark caught in Kentucky lake.

6. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Ok. Time for a mountain lion or Bigfoot sighting. If they are seeing grizzly bears surly we have mountain lions an bigfoots

7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I am still waiting on a Moose sighting in western Ky.