Bear forum

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by elkaholic, Jan 18, 2019.

Do bears need their own forum?

1. yes

68.2%
  2. no

31.8%
  1. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    With all the talk of the unwanted bear that are here to stay I think they deserve a forum of their very own. What does everyone else think?

2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

They only don't want them until someone finds a way to make money off them just like the hated elk. Then they will be the best thing since sliced bread.

mac0492, Genesis 27:3 and elkaholic like this.
  3. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    We need a bear forum like we need an air rifle forum.

4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

You want to see a forum that covers everything check out Graybeards outdoors. It seems to be one of the top ones out there.
    http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/

5. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    With there being a bear season now and all the people in bear country having to deal with them why don't we? An airgun forum we dont need since there is probably only a few people in the state that would actually hunt with one.

6. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

You got those few who cry about all the carnage the bears do but try and get permission and travel across the state and find someone who will let you hunt bears. I think more than one person in a zone 1 county has made the offer hunt for hunt swap but no takers from the bear area's. I don't think as big of a problem some would welcome anyone with a permit in hand and the license to hunt bear.

elkaholic likes this.
  7. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky

8. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Simple remove the feeder the number of days before bear season comes in. Not that many guys out hunting deer during that bear season timeframe. You hate them so much but don't seem willing to give them up. Just hold on a few years until the outfitters come up with Ky bear hunts and the money starts rolling in and those bears will be the newest greatest thing since sliced bread.

elkaholic likes this.
  9. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Yea the dept also said the $ flow from elk would benefit east so much. Said people could be to put their kids through college with the new resource. U believe that? You can come and bear hunt my property anytime u want to. No joke. Open invintstion. But Duster, I've been on ur side on other forums on here and see ur butt get roasted everyday. But u don't know crap about the situation at hand. This discussion is over with me because you don't have a clue What ur talking about. Beginning to see why ur a$$ gets spanked daily on here.

10. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I just give a different point of view on some subjects that some can't handle. And don't follow the pack mentality as some here do. I would say the elk brought a lot of money over the years to eastern Ky. Just look at Lost Mountain Outfitters the amount of money they take in each year guiding hunters. That money is spent in your area for all types of things. We here get stuck with outfitters like Snipe Creek.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I have never called anyone a SOB for what it is worth. I am way above doing that.

12. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    ??? Problem bears are not huntable. People complaining about problem bears couldnt let you hunt one they’d have to take you to a place where bears leave trash alone and have no corn in their gut. Noone wants to risk a steep fine or jail time to let someone from z1 come and kill a bear.

elkaholic likes this.
  13. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Lost mtn has done very well and that's awesome. I've seen there elk camps in operation and they are nice. But for the remaining .002567 of the 16 county residents elk hasn't done diddly. And, I was referring to the bears as sobs not u. Pm me this fall and I can put u on a bear easy, not saying u can kill it due to the corn, but u can sit there and take pictures I guess.

14. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Thanks I will try and work that in if my health holds up. I got where I do more camera hunting anyway since the food bank program I killed deer for shut down. And I got real picky on what size buck deer I will shoot. Even got a new camera for Christmas :D

15. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I have been to eastern Ky more than once and seen several places people just open the backdoor and throw garbage out. Not to say the guys here are those people. You can't expect a bear to not take advantage of a easy meal. Heck they will eat near anything they can get in their mouth. Maybe in time they will come up with a longer season and even allow hunting over bait, (that's when the outfitters will step in) when that's a good guess who knows. Until then yall may as well get used to them and do what you can to protect your property and other things.