ATV's and Dirt Bikes on WMA

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by shogan, Sep 10, 2003.

1. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    So there I am in sitting out a Taylorsville WMA off Hillary Martin Lane and I here a couple of 4 wheelers off in the distance on the other ridge I'm fairly sure they are on WMA property at that point in time and I had seen enough tracks around there to know it was being used for ATV trails.

And just as the magical hour comes and it's the most important time to sit there and listen these yahoo's come up the old closed off road on the WMA.

wehhhhhhhhhhh waaahhhhhhhhhhhh waehhhhhhhhhhhhh weaahhhhhhhhhhhh wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhah for about 20 minutes until I can't take it anymore. The would go a short ways and then stop and talk not sure what they were doing. Wanted to wait and confront them but I knew they probably lived there and it would mean vandalized truck for me.

This is a new area of the WMA area for me and I had never seen that done on the other portions of Taylorsville WMA.

My official report is lots of squirrels and two wild jack asses

2. raktrakr

raktrakr Cyber-Hunter

Jan 20, 2002
    central ky
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shogan</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

people like that ruin it for all of us, not just hunting, but riding as well. did you cotact anyone on the matter?

raktrakr
    &gt;&gt;-----&gt;

3. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I hunted a place with a atv trail not 50 yards away. The deer got so use to the noise they would just stand still on the edge of the trail till the atv's passed then go about thier merry way. I took one heck of a buck outta this place last time I hunted it and watched him watch a dozen riders pass before he crossed the trail to my stand location.

I have also seen deer run like hell when a atv got to within 1/4 mile of them while they were in fields feeding on beans.

All in All it just depends on the deer and what they get use to I guess.

4. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    No as mentioned I was just gonna keep my name out of the hat. Of course if any officers were reading in here they might make the right person aware of the problem.

I WAS AT TAYLORSVILLE WMA OFF HILLARY MARTIN LANE PER THE KDFWR MAP.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by raktrakr</i>
    <br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shogan</i>

people like that ruin it for all of us, not just hunting, but riding as well. did you cotact anyone on the matter?

raktrakr
    &gt;&gt;-----&gt;