As seen at Cave Run two weeks ago

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Drahts, May 13, 2018.

1. Drahts

Drahts 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    So took a friend to Cave Run, hoping to get on some Crappie, get there and find out there is a 100+ boat Muskie Tourney going on. Head out fish a number of hours, winds were high and it was rough. We finally packed it in and come back to the ramp and to the right of the ramp we see this! Guess he was in a hurry to get to the ramp first and missed the turn! One guy hauled off to Hospital (ejected from boat), driver refused treatment. He was breathalized and let go. Never did hear what actually was the cause. Be careful out there.
    IMG_5393.jpg

2. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    That would mess up your day. Seen that happen at Ky lake couple of times. Seen couple of bass boats hit before where guys were killed down there to.

3. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    I can see the smear in the seat from here

bondhu likes this.
  4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

One of the local guys here races a drag boat. He was testing on the Green River outside Central City. Bunch of us on the shore watching. He lost it and ended up in a corn field quite a ways from the water. Nobody wanted to go check on him because they just knew Ronnie was dead. Was not but a few minutes until he walk down the bank yelling for someone to come help. They figured he was at 150 mph when he went airborn and up that bank. Took them several hours to get the boat back to the water. But the darn thing floated and they towed it back to the ramp.

5. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

I couldn’t imagine 150 on water! Had a friend who had his in the low 80s one time and I had to lay in the floor b/c I thought my darn face was peeling off! I’ll admit I’m a bit of a wus when it comes to speed.

6. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

He has a capsule cockpit on his boat so he don't feel any wind. With one engine combo he has ran it will hit near 180 on flat water in quarter mile. You should see that thing jump when the nitrogen kicks in at about half track. I told him not for me water is like concrete at that speed. Watched a guy die when his open cockpit boat went airborn and landed backwards at Thunder on the Green at Livermore a few years back. It must had went 20 ft straight up then slammed him into the water at over 100 mph. They say it broke near every bone in his body. I was standing where I could see the rescue boat pass with him loaded up. He was blue like it also busted every blood vessel in his body.

7. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Geez! Fun to watch but not for me!

barney likes this.
  8. Gooch

Gooch 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2004
    .lincoln co ky
    tournament you say,who would think

9. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Have to be a single fisherman tournament, with Ronnie's boat no room in the stern for that second seat....LOL. I did see a bass style boat down on Barkley lake with twin 250 hp Merc's hanging off the stern tho.

10. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Fastest I ever been on the water was 83 My dang eye lids were flapping. But I have yet see a fish run down a fast Bass boat and catch it.

11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

My 18 foot long Nitro with the tricked out 150 hp, really 200 hp would do 73 with two people in it according to a GPS. On totally flat water trimmed up until not much but the prop in the water and sounded like bacon frying under the boat at that speed.

12. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 10 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Friend ,years ago run his up to eighty five ,with me in it,well that’s about fifty to many for me.

13. claynut69

claynut69 6 pointer

Nov 14, 2007
    pulaski, co
    50 is as fast as I need to go in a fishing boat.

14. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    He was supposedly looking at his graph instead of where he was going . I wasn't there just word of mouth from some friends that were.