Anyone shooting m&p shield 9

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by WILD, Jan 26, 2017.

1. inchr48

inchr48 10 pointer

May 14, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My wife found some glow in the dark fingernail polish at Halloween time. Couple of our "house guns" have painted sights now.

Brsutton86 likes this.
  2. bumhunter

bumhunter Fawn

Sep 28, 2016
    I just put talon grips on my 40 shield, and dropped it off on Tuesday to have Truglo TFX pro sights installed on it.

3. WILD

WILD 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    Let us know how they look.read good reviews on them...you could of put the sites on yourself,pretty easy job.
    Do the talon grips give you a better feel of the pistol?

4. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    I've got Talon Grips on mine and it feels better in the hand. Plus, in the summer when I sweat my gun gets wet in the holster. It's easier to draw with the grips when it's covered in sweat.

5. KYhunter

KYhunter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    Talon grips a HUGE plus.

6. WILD

WILD 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    I think the 124gr shot the best in this pistol,with fmj and hollow point.I got around 2-2 1/2 inches at 15 yards with these federal 124gr hst.I shot one in some milk jugs with water and they expand like advertised.pretty deadly round.have no reason to try anything else for self defense.

Attached Files:

7. bumhunter

bumhunter Fawn

Sep 28, 2016
    Still waiting on my pistol. The gunsmith was off last weekend, but I'm supposed to get it back tomarrow. I love the talon grips. I bought two for the two extended mags I have as well.

8. WILD

WILD 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    I'm very seriously thinking about getting the apex trigger assembly pretty soon,they also make a barrel for the m&p but not the shield.
    And from the reviews they really improve accuracy.would love to be able to make a small compact very accurate.

9. bumhunter

bumhunter Fawn

Sep 28, 2016
    Finally got my shield back with the TFX Pro sights installed. The gunsmith said he had a heck of a time getting the old sights off. Wow, what a difference! I was debating putting a laser on it, but with these sights, I don't need it!

10. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 8 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    My buddy put the Apex kit in his shield and when I shot it I could barely notice any difference. Now I don't know if it couldn't be adjusted better as he is not an accomplished smith just a backyard tinkerer.

11. WILD

WILD 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    There is a main spring that comes with the kit and it is stiffer than the one that's on it from factory.I have read if you put the apex trigger kit in and put the factory main sping in were it is lighter that I will make a big difference on the trigger..see if your friend will do that if he still has it and see how it feels,it's pretty simple and would only take about 10 minutes to just put that spring on.

12. WILD

WILD 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    It really can't be adjusted anymore unless you were to file on the sear a little,if he put the kit in then the main spring will only take a sec..would really like to know how it feels then.

13. WILD

WILD 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    There is the full kit and then there is just the trigger,did he put the whole kit in or just the trigger..?thanks.
    Also just bought a box of 115gr sellier and bellot and it has been the best shooting through the gun so far with fmj.I thought the 124gr was doing good but these things really put them in there.

14. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

S&B and Blazer Brass shoot well out of mine. My favorite? Check out the Speer Lawman 115 or 124. If you shoot Gold Dot of the same weight the POI is dead on.

15. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    Ammunition depot has federal American Eagle 115 gr fmj for 159/1000 in can after mail in rebate plus free t shirt. They shoot good out of my gun, though I'd pass along.

I keep it loaded with Hornady critical defense.