Anyone near lexington want to shoot?

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by east_ky_hunter, Dec 28, 2016.

1. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 6 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    Breathitt Co.
    Living in Lexington now. Anyone in or near Lexington want to shoot? I would do the driving and pay for gas if you know of a range.

On that note anyone know of range here?

2. Smokin9mm

Smokin9mm Spike

Dec 3, 2014
    Lexington
    Ill be moving there in 2 weeks and will be down to shoot whenever I have time. Also wondering about the ranges in the area as well.

3. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

I just posted a sticky thread for the 2017 3D schedules. There are plenty of places to shoot within an hours drive of Lexington.

east_ky_hunter likes this.
  4. allxs

allxs 6 pointer

Nov 16, 2005
    Red River Bowhunters in Stanton,ky will be shooting this Sunday. not a bad drive from LEX

5. allxs

allxs 6 pointer

Nov 16, 2005
    Red River Bowhunters in Stanton,ky is hosting a Vegas shoot on Sat Feb 4 at 7:00pm, $15 entry ($5 for the house, $10 to payback) Open and Pro Classes.

east_ky_hunter likes this.
  6. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    It might be closed right now but Hisle Farms Park has a decent target range, no 3 D stuff but you could bring your own. In Lexington and free although may be closed this time of year. Check their website.

7. Rhino2380

Rhino2380 Fawn

Jan 21, 2017
    There is a out door range off Brian station can't remember where but can find out

8. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

That's Hisle that I mentioned above. Might be closed during winter.

9. allxs

allxs 6 pointer

Nov 16, 2005
    Hisle is open year round, just bales to shoot at, but very convenient, nice place.

10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

What do you mean by bales? The type of target? When I shot there in the Fall they were off the ground in wooden frames. Now the type of target wouldn't the greatest and may have just been a target cover over bales? They were shot to death that's for sure!

11. allxs

allxs 6 pointer

Nov 16, 2005
    I mean target bales, Burlap or plastic covered bales of some dense substance (a lot of the ones at hisle I think are straw) , what I mean by bales is, not 3D animal targets.

12. Huntertyler

Huntertyler Spike

Nov 3, 2014
    Madison county
    In range archery is my go to place. The shop owner Ronnie is an ace of all trades and gives great advice. Always good fellas shooting in their that'll talk to ya if you feel lonely.

13. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    Junction city has a club you can join cheap, they have measured targets and a 3d course, as well as 200 yd plus rifle range, and a seperate pistol range, complete with falling plates. You can join at curtsingers sport shop in Danville.