Anyone do any canoe tripping

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Joseph, May 25, 2018.

1. Joseph

Joseph Fawn

Jul 10, 2016
    Lexington ky
    I mostly see kayaks and short trips, Anyone make some distance in there boat?

2. Turkey Runner

Turkey Runner Fawn

Feb 1, 2017
    Southern Kentucky
    Wolf creek dam to burksville boat ramp around 20 miles. Took us around 13 hours in 3 canoes. Every one should make this trip once.

Joseph likes this.
  3. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Was fishing below lock 5 on green. Helped a guy pack his canoe and gear around lock. He was doing the whole river on one trip. Started at green river lake.

4. Joseph

Joseph Fawn

Jul 10, 2016
    Lexington ky
    Idk how long that would take but your arms and shoulders are gonna get a good workout

5. nock

nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    That was probably 12-13 years ago. He said how long he had been on the water and long he thought it was going to take. But I don’t remember. Seems like weeks.

6. Joseph

Joseph Fawn

Jul 10, 2016
    Lexington ky
    Me and a friend spoke about getting some last year but it just didn't happen, He had a little more busy life and wasent too interested in doing any longer trips

7. WaterDog88

WaterDog88 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    Used to when I was in college. I've done a few multi day trips on elk horn and the Cumberland. Sad to say my canoe hasn't been in the water in a few years. Just a lack of time.

8. Joseph

Joseph Fawn

Jul 10, 2016
    Lexington ky
    I wouldn't mind doing some multi day trips and some fishing. Just bring a sack of potatoes.