ANTIFA bill

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Wildcat, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
  2. useyourbow

useyourbow 12 pointer

The challenge will be it is singling out a particular group while they exercise their 1st amendment rights which would be unconstitutional.

3. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    The masks alone are being targeted because they have nothing to do with the first amendment. You don’t need a mask to protest or assemble. They are only good for those who intend to riot as they hide identity, and obstruct the effectiveness of tear gas and mace.

drakeshooter and EC like this.
  4. baknblack

baknblack 8 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    Water cannons at 20 paces. That should do it!

bearleft likes this.
  5. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    So...I guess those supporting wearing masks would be OK with this at public "protests"?

[​IMG]

6. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I support the KKK's right to wear masks/robes, whatever during any of their protests. That doesn't mean I support the message. It also doesn't mean I don't think they and AnTIFA memebers aren't POS as people. You have to respect the constitution enough to apply it to people who you disagree with, or throw it out the window all together.

We've got to be very, very careful when opening a can of worms like this. Today it may be masks, tommorow it might baseball hats or other things that these thugs take to court to get changed. Much like gun control, it doesn't have an end game. The laws will keep getting more restrictive.

Carl, Lady Hunter and EC like this.
  7. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    I agree with that. What pisses me off are the 'double standards'.

8. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I agree Iceman

9. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    There have been several Cities that have banned the use of mask during protest, and those protest "surprise" has gone rather smoothly. I do not think there is a first amendment issue here, anyone has the right to protest, it is the violence that the mask kiddies bring, but once you unmask them, the attitude changes.

I have been saddened that those and the like of Antifa have not chosen to act up in these parts, but I digress that they are at least smart enough to know where the gun free zones are around the country.

10. Brit's and Birds

Brit's and Birds 8 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Oldham County
    there is probably as much argument that this bill would enforce the 6th amendment (right to confront your accuser) as there is that it violates the first....

drakeshooter likes this.
  11. You have zero right to conceal your identity in public, period, end of discussion. If that is not commonsense to you then you don’t have any.

12. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.

Too bad we don't have that amendment anymore (or Constitution). Hence, this is why you can have a pissed off neighbor who can get even with you for mowing part of his yard by filing a "confidential" complaint you're abusing your kids.

13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Where in the constitution does it say that I can’t mask my identity in public?

14. Where in the Constitution does it say you can? You’re the one assuming, not me.

15. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    The very first amendment in the bill of rights