A Question About a Farm Lease

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by RutNBuck, Mar 5, 2003.

1. RutNBuck

RutNBuck 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Northern Ky
    the couple that leases our farm has been great lease's but i think he has bought his own mini farm and will start hunting upon his own land
    ...not mentioning the price he paid in todays world
    what would you ask as far as $$ for a farm that is 250 acres a DEER HUNTING LEASE ONLY (squirrel,coon coyote) all included $
    places to camp if desired
    most farms that border it is managed for QDM
    and has put out Boone & Crockett Bucks
    farm is in a zone 1 county (carroll)
    perfer 2 hunters becuz in gun season brother also hunts

"A wise indian once said,the more you move the less you will see,the less you move the more you will see"

" I live to hunt, but my wife says i may hunting a place to live"

2. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    Looks like the average price is now $5 to $6 an acre for exclusive ALL GAME. Most want turkey too. That depends on quality too, which yours sounds pretty good. I'd want to look at before I leased, as would most people. Let me know when you decide, I may have a couple of guys from out of state that would be interested. It would be good for you both by having non-residents in there. Email me when you decide on a price.

3. CPA Hunter

CPA Hunter 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    RutNBuck,
    I sent you an email with my phone numbers. I would be very interested in your lease. I've seen prices similar to what Multi is quoting and I've seen people charging a set fee by the hunter. Anyway, call me or email me and I can call on my dime.
    Thanks, Sean

4. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    Might be good for you and Doug. Slit the difference. I'll find something else for the out of stater if you take it.

5. RutNBuck

RutNBuck 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Northern Ky
    thanks for the reply before i make any moves i first need to talk with the couple. i'd hate to build someones hopes only to find out
    that they request another years lease....
    i was blessed to see the lady's first deer last year and she took it with a muzzleloader perfect shot placement i might add....she was SO HAPPY almost out of control...but i think we all have been there a time or two ourselves...

"A wise indian once said,the more you move the less you will see,the less you move the more you will see"

" I live to hunt, but my wife says i may hunting a place to live"