Where is the turkey penis located??does it have a penis??

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by XFORCE, Apr 29, 2010.

1. XFORCE

XFORCE 8 pointer

Oct 14, 2009
    :confused:HAVING A BIG ARGUEMENT AT WORK ABOUT IF A TURKEY HAS A PENIS.. IHAVE SEEN WHAT I WOULD THINK IS A TURKEY MASTURBATING BUT MY BOSS THINKS IM CRAZY ....WHO'S RIGHT PLEASE HELP!!!

2. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Only ducks have a penis, other fowl don't..

3. KY_Fried

KY_Fried 10 pointer

Nov 13, 2003
    Foster, KY, USA.
    Yes they have one (how else do you think they pass on their genes?) As for what you think you saw one doing, I'm with your boss on that one.

4. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    The answer for the two that I dealt with this year.... in the dirt.

5. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I've also seen domestic jakes masterbate, never a tom though..

6. KY_Fried

KY_Fried 10 pointer

Nov 13, 2003
    Foster, KY, USA.
  7. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 6 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Wow..what a off the wall question. I read somewhere that they do have a 'penis' but it's not what you normally think of. Can't think of the name of it right off..but I think it's located up inside of their body, and only protrudes when they are breeding a hen. As far as the masturbation thing..I have no clue about that one. You could google 'wild turkey sexual organs' and probably get a wealth of info on it though.

Must have been a boring day at work for this conversation to come up.

8. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    You would be wrong! The only pecker a bird has... is between his eyes, not his legs.:)

9. Huntaholic

Huntaholic 6 pointer

May 2, 2002
    Ive seen mature toms masturbate. As far as a penis goes, they dont have one in then traditional sense of the word. When turkeys mate, its called (sp) cloacial kissing.

10. Alright Joe. Sounds like the Birds and the Bees talk is needed.

11. Sarge

Sarge 6 pointer

Dec 30, 2007
    Laurel/Clay County
    WARNING NERD CONTENT

Turkeys and most birds have a cloaca, when mating the male and female will force these openings together; this is known as a cloacal kiss. Birds that mate using this method touch their cloacae for only a few seconds, sufficient enough time for sperm to be transferred from the male to the female.[1] The reproductive system must be re-engorged prior to the mating season of each species

Hope this answers your question.

12. Huntaholic

Huntaholic 6 pointer

May 2, 2002
    LOL Ive been called a lot of things, but a NERD aint ever been one of them until now!

13. skin_dog1

skin_dog1 BBBC Members

Jan 2, 2004
    Alvaton, KY, USA.
    I've seen toms do what I think you're reffering to on numerous occasions. I have several video clips of it. Basically it looks like they are breeding a hen yet there is no hen present. I don't know exactly what it is, but looks like he's masterbating to me.

14. blade

blade 8 pointer

Oct 5, 2004
    cox\'s creek, ky, USA.
    toms do have a penis but it is very small and hard to recognize. It is located at the lower lip of the vent. the vent has to be opened slightly in order to see it. I would say what you are seeing is the turkey is dusting.

15. cornbread

cornbread 10 pointer

Apr 8, 2004
    Rockfield, KY
    I think it would be the same thing that you did as a teenager. DRY HUMPING:D

16. whitleycotrapper

whitleycotrapper 12 pointer

May 20, 2005
    Williamsburg, KY
    I think youre right.... you need help! :)

17. skin_dog1

skin_dog1 BBBC Members

Jan 2, 2004
    Alvaton, KY, USA.
    What I've seen is definately not dusting, not even remotely close to dusting. Dry humping is the best description I've heard. Regardless the toms looked like they were enjoyong themselves.

18. WKYHNTR

WKYHNTR 8 pointer

Oct 17, 2004
    Muhlenberg
    The bird that I killed this year was doing this. He would breed a hen then a few feet away he would arch his back up and would start doing the motion again but without the hen.