United Trappers of Kentucky spring meet

Discussion in 'Trapping' started by kytrapper, Jan 22, 2008.

1. kytrapper

kytrapper 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Whitley County
    Just an early heads up on our spring meet. It will be April 25-26 in Whitley County at the UK Extension grounds off I-75 Exit 11. We're planning some ecclectic and varied demos. If you are interested in trapping come out and visit with us, see some demos, and bring any trade items you may have. This is a family event.

2. CVN71 Ordnance

CVN71 Ordnance 8 pointer

Sep 1, 2003
    Strunk, Kentucky, USA.
    Sounds like a good time and close enough for us southern folks to attend :D :D :D

3. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    keep this up there:D I cant wait.

4. Rev270

Rev270 Fawn

Feb 10, 2008
    pulaski co
    does it cost any thing to go attend these meets?

5. big8's

big8's 6 pointer

Jul 14, 2006
    greensburg ky
    I cant wait for this one I am going to be able to go and I'm savin my pennies.........

6. kytrapper

kytrapper 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Whitley County
    There is no admission charge. We have these for our members to get together and anyone who wants to come is welcome. We would be glad to have you.

7. kytrapper

kytrapper 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Whitley County
    I'm going to post the demo schedule as soon as I complete it. It's about finished. Buffalo burgers Friday afternoon. We've bought a pile of buffalo burger, a fourth of a buffalo. Then we're cooking a hog on Saturday. Come and join us.

8. BIG BEAVER

BIG BEAVER 6 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    Any Camping Or Staying Over Places?

9. kytrapper

kytrapper 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Whitley County
    The grounds are large and will be open for camping on Thurs. after 5pm. This is not a campground. Just pitch a tent. There is plenty of places for motor homes or campers also. The elk tour is early Friday morning so come early if you want to go. Lots of motels in the 50.00 range four miles south at the other Wmsbg. exit.

10. mason

mason 6 pointer

Jan 14, 2008
    southeastern ky
    how are you all planing to take the elk tour are you all going to drive seperate or are you planning on riding up together thats right in the middle of turkey season is it not

11. kytrapper

kytrapper 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Whitley County
    We have two large vans at our disposal and drivers. We won't be traipsing through the turkey woods. Just driving up on the pits early in the morning while the elk are out and about.

12. mason

mason 6 pointer

Jan 14, 2008
    southeastern ky
    hey i was just wondering what wma you are going to go to and also that cat is still running around up there around where you found my blind glad to see you are doing well from your surgery i will be out to see the demos I would like to try trapping a little next year. dont believe i will get to go on the elk tour because of work but me and little man will be out there on saturday

13. kytrapper

kytrapper 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Whitley County
    We're going to Bell County on the Begley WMA. Try to bring your son Friday afternoon at 1515. We're having a very basic traps and furbearers presentation for the kids and afterwards we're grilling buffalo burgers. Saturday we're roasting a hog. I need to warn you.....trapping is addictive.