Uncle Lee's Cheeseburgers

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by STUMP-52, Jan 9, 2014.

1. STUMP-52

STUMP-52 6 pointer

Feb 19, 2010
    Are they any good or do I need to grab one at Hardee's or Mickey D's?

2. COOTKILLER2020

COOTKILLER2020 6 pointer

Feb 26, 2013
    A glass case of emotion
    Don't know about there cheeseburgers but there's a sonic across the parking lot :D

3. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    sonic + tater tots.....cheesey tater tots. keep your eyes out for mmayes

4. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    The burgers at Uncle Lee's are pretty good.

Mayes

5. travis_duckhunter

travis_duckhunter 8 pointer

Aug 16, 2007
    Owensboro, KY
    Depends... You like fast food out diner food better? Kinda apples to oranges...

They're not bad though

6. Rodeo man

Rodeo man 8 pointer

Aug 31, 2011
    I've never had one. A friend of mine swears they are the best around.

7. BTOWNER

BTOWNER 8 pointer

Dec 5, 2010
    If you are planning on eating there try their duck sausage.

8. kyblackmallard

kyblackmallard 10 pointer

Sep 18, 2006
    They are better than anything McD's,Hardee's or Sonic puts out. They are very similar to the infamous Island Dairy Freeze burgers if you have ever had one.

9. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke

Easy there. They aint bad but they aint no Island burger

10. bigrw

bigrw Spike

Nov 12, 2012
    Canoe Creek
    Nothing better than an island burger with a peanut butter shake. Fat kid orgasm!!

11. travis_duckhunter

travis_duckhunter 8 pointer

Aug 16, 2007
    Owensboro, KY
    They're right stump, if you want a GREAT burger, it's about 15 miles from UNCLE Lees... Text me if you want directions

12. ChuckBeav31

ChuckBeav31 6 pointer

Feb 4, 2004
    W. KY
    Stump let us know if you go with the Island Dairy Freeze burger or the Uncle Lee's choice, and how you liked it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Hard to drive past that place....Wife gets the $1 cone of ice cream, I got to have a burger and a banana shake.

14. slimshad

slimshad 8 pointer

Oct 29, 2008
    USA
    I have a camp at Lake Malone. Where is this Island Burger?

15. ChuckBeav31

ChuckBeav31 6 pointer

Feb 4, 2004
    W. KY
    slimshad - look for the Dairy Freeze in Island, Ky. That's the place. Great burgers and milkshakes, but don't blink you might drive right by it!

16. KHAdmin

KHAdmin 8 pointer

Aug 17, 2012
    Everybody here (work and random people) say the burger is quiet the same as Island burger. Myself, I have only had one from UL and it was good, but I still prefer a fried onion burger....from back home of course! ;)

17. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Jump on hwy 431 north at Dunmor and follow it until you cross out of Muhlenberg county into Mclean county...couple miles north on right. Small white building, a fitness center is right behind it. IIRC it is Taylor's racketball & fitness center.

Where you camp on Malone ? I am one lot off the water on the Sherwood point end on the right side, easy to see about where a good size rock sits in the middle of a creek waterfall about 6 ft up, back of a small cove. I can watch the water go past my place thru the woods headed to the lake in three directions....KINDA cool right now that all are frozen and show up out thru the woods like big long Icicle's. often wondered how much danger guys in boats are putting on themselves under those cliff if, they try to fish real close to the wall.
    I have heard some rather large icicle's break loose each spring,

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  18. bwschamp

bwschamp Fawn

Oct 6, 2009
    If you're at Malone,the best burgers and shakes around are alot closer than Island,it's at the Burger Shack in Drakesboro. I personally think Island is way over-rated,and no,I am not affiliated with anyone at the Burger Shack,just my opinion. And to the orignal question,Uncle Lee's cheeseburgers are good,don't forget the cheeseballs either

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  19. Amen on the cheese balls!

20. rimfirejunkie

rimfirejunkie 6 pointer

May 6, 2013
    Nowhere
    Get your patty whacked at the burger shack! I cracked up when I saw those stickers.