stuck breech plug

Discussion in 'Muzzleloaders' started by N2MyWake, Aug 23, 2009.

1. N2MyWake

N2MyWake 10 pointer

Nov 26, 2003
    Kentucky, USA.
    any advice on an anti-sieze lube for a tc encore breech plug? i have it out, but it"s been a chore each time i shoot. the super lube doesn"t help much:confused:

2. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

TC makes a cleaner for the breech plug threads. My breech plug did the same thing. I cleaned the threads and used the "blue grease" liberally and it solved my problem. I think the tool costs about 5 bucks. Simply screw it in just like the breech plug, remove it, wipe it down and repeat until it comes out clean.

3. Never seeze its a gray goopy stuff and one can will last you three lifetimes unless you run industrial black iron pipe business. I put it on everything on the farm that I might have to take apart again that gets a lot of exposure to weather or nastiness. BTW dont get it on anything you like. Ie your favorite pair of jeans or a nice shirt or your hands. It does not come off easily.

4. steelslinger

steelslinger 10 pointer

Dec 29, 2003
    Union County, KY, USA.
    Permatex brand "Anti-Sieze" like duckslayer said.

5. N2MyWake

N2MyWake 10 pointer

Nov 26, 2003
    Kentucky, USA.
    thanks guys, I got the Anti Sieze from Advanced today and also turned the plug until it was hand tight and backed it off a bit. Hopefully that will get it. I spent about an hour and a half cleaning it last night. I always clean it after shooting but I would like to be able to remove it at Elk camp if necessary...

thanks again