PVC Fleshing Beam pic

Discussion in 'Trapping' started by peckprice, Feb 21, 2006.

1. peckprice

peckprice 6 pointer

Feb 7, 2005
    Manchester, KY
    I am playing around with my digital this morning and thought I would post my latest project. I struggled with the whole fleshing beam issue since I have a very bad back problem. I had honestly never tried the traditional beam set up as I figured my back wouldn't take it. But after the Matt Jones video, I threw PVC beam together in a short time and I have had great luck with it. I found the PVC in the ditch line, where it had been discarded. The end was already cut out like that and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. It makes it a lot easier to work on the bottom of the pelts of foxes. PVC may not be for everyone, but I love it. It is especially great for beaver.
    [​IMG]

2. kytrapper

kytrapper 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Whitley County
    Looks like it'll work like a champ to me.

3. peckprice

peckprice 6 pointer

Feb 7, 2005
    Manchester, KY
    I guess I should have cleaned it up a little before I did its portrait. I was goofing around with my digital this morning. :) I did 3 beavers, a coon, and the greasiest gray fox I have ever seen yesterday. I had to clean it up after the coon, there was about 2 gallons of lard from it. I was real impressed with the pvc. I am going to build me another slimmer beam for foxes as there are times when I like to flesh without the pelt being doubled.

4. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    I guess we can stand a little blood n' stuff. Now, let's see a picture of the thing in use. I always used a pocketknife to flesh muskrats, but I want to see how you do it for the big critters.

These trapping pictures just make my day. Keepem coming.:)

5. peckprice

peckprice 6 pointer

Feb 7, 2005
    Manchester, KY
    Trust Me, I will have my brother snap a shot or two the next time I put something on that beam. Our largest freezer just quit, getting a new one in the morning, so I am sure that we will discover a pelt of some kind tomorrow as we clean the old freezer out. Or hopefully, a particular smart alec gray fox will be waiting for me. He has "out foxed" me two mornings in a row. :mad: