Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by car8102, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. car8102

car8102 6 pointer

Nov 11, 2007
    Bullitt Co.
    Ok a buddy just told me that his Uncle has pics of a mountain lion on his trail cam. His property in in Hardin County. I am tring to get pics from him he said he will get some soon. Has anyone heard of this or know what kind of cat's beside bobcat will be in the area it is close to Meade county.
  2. forddeerslayer

forddeerslayer 12 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    greenup/lewis co
    i cant wait to see them..............................
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  3. car8102

car8102 6 pointer

Nov 11, 2007
    Bullitt Co.
    me either have heard of any big cats in the area
  4. etownhunter

etownhunter 12 pointer

Mar 21, 2004
    Central ky
    obviously i live in hardin and i havent heard anything about it.
  5. kyhunter24

kyhunter24 Spike

Dec 11, 2008
    I live and hunt in Hardin county and have not heard nor seen any big cats.
  6. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nope. But we get one of these threads weekly, but in all the years I have been on here, not one person has ever produced pics. Hope you are the first. Not counting on it.
  7. darianbarr

darianbarr Spike

Dec 23, 2006
    oh yeah just like the bears in yellowbanks and lap lands in meade co they have been there for years but like you said nobody has ever shot one or got a picture of one yet hope they dont walk by me ill pull a south park on them " oh no its attacking shoot it"
  8. CHL

CHL 10 pointer

Jul 14, 2008
    Central KY we go again! ;)
  9. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    I for one, can't wait to see the picture. Why do I have a feeling it'll be a mountain lion stalking an elk at night in the pic.
  10. dxtsniper

dxtsniper 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2009
    Turn around!
    what are u trying to say ate up? i myself shot an out of zone elk being stalked by a cougar last year in jefferson post the pics but my moms cousins half-sisters aunts littles brothers best friends neighbors landlord borrowed them and is in jail so when she gets out i will be sure and post it wouldnt let me put as many big grins as i wanted!
  11. kyhunter24

kyhunter24 Spike

Dec 11, 2008

Now thats funny
  12. I have only seen 3 legit trail cam pics of mt lions around here and none of them were on this site. I would love to see one make it on here here that is not a fake, but I don't see it happening.
  13. slickhead slayer

Where are these 3 legit pics? Why cant you post them?
  14. Because they are not mine. I have no ownership of them. All 3 were brown/yellow cats with tails visible. One is at a sporting goods store here in the county. Another was taken by a local barber who kept the pic at his store. Neither will loan them out to have copies made in fear of losing them. I'm sure they have no desire doing personal favors for people by copying them. The other was shown to me by a guy from Va. at a football game. His is the only one that may not be genuine, but he would have had to go to a lot trouble to fake it. And let's be honest, why would anyone want to fake a photo in the first place. If their self esteem is that small, then I feel sorry for the people that do. Most pictures we see are the ones that make the email rounds and come from other areas. Usually does a good job of proving they're fake.

If I get one myself I will post it, but honestly I have nothing to prove to anyone. I have my own thoughts on them just like you do. I'm fine knowing what I do about them regardless of what anyone believes. I do think some black panther post are funny though. But rest assured, I will post one if I ever get a pic myself or get permission.
  15. slickhead slayer

Just asking. I hear all these storys about pics and sightings, but none of you can ever produce a pic. Always some kind of excuse. No biggy.
  16. KYhunter79

KYhunter79 12 pointer

Dec 11, 2003
    Irvington, KY
    Meade and Hardin Counties are my stomping grounds. If it wonders my way, you guys will see pics. :)
  17. I heard that. If you are willing to drive here to BFE, then you can have a first hand look at it yourself. But I'm not sure that even a picture would change some minds. Most people aren't as open to looking at pics as you are. They already have their minds made up and would be skeptical no matter what, which I guess most of us should be in today's times.
  18. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    The local news would be more than willing to cover a story of an actual mountain lion anywhere in the state.If I killed one I would go to the local TV station with the carcass before I went anywhere,problem solved.
    If I had a real pic I think it could be authenticated easily,however everyone who "supposedly" has a pic never others to do so,why?
    Even if one does someday show up here in KY the truth is that 99% of all the stories are made up lies or pure misidentification.There are thousands of sightings yearly and no confirmation(ok a kitten).If half of these were true then we are overrun and I am scared to go out of the house:eek::eek:
  19. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006

Since you brought it up..............

Updated: 8:24 AM Nov 16, 2007
    Bobcat Creating Extra Excitement On Prestonsburg Golf Course
    Golf is usually a quiet, peaceful game, but there's been some extra excitement on one Eastern Kentucky golf course.

5:24 PM Aug 16, 2007

Danielle Morgan

Email Address:

Golf is usually a quiet, peaceful game, but there's been some extra excitement on one Eastern Kentucky golf course.
    It started as an average day at Stone Crest[​IMG] Golf Course. Wes Hall and another employee were clearing the rough from sliced shots on the range, when they realized they weren't alone.
    "I heard something in the tall grass. I thought it was a snake so I turned around and when I did, I saw it leap out of the grass right there and go under the fence," Hall said.
    It certainly was no snake. A similar, if not the same extra large bobcat was captured in a picture on the number seven fairway, just a few days ago.
    "I had a golf club in my hand, so I guess I could have protected myself, but I just threw it down and ran," said David Lester.
    When you golf in the mountains, regulars here at Stone Crest say seeing wildlife adds excitement to the game. Bobcats, cougers, copperheads and a pack of coyotes have all been spotted on the greens this summer.
    Wildlife officials say it was definitely a bobcat in the photo, but it was so large that it may have been a hybrid. They say if you do come close to one, just stand still and observe it. Most likely it will run away in fear of you.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  20. rick243

rick243 10 pointer

Oct 16, 2005
    SouthEast Ky
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.