Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Berdarien, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berdarien

Berdarien 6 pointer

Jul 23, 2012
    Err same as biography
    Ughh I had a good post all written out but am not used to this forum so I kicked myself and lost the post.. So I will post yes I believe there are mountain lions in Kentucky. They might just be nomadic passing through. Remember though a mountain could stay in a place for a year or even two before moving on and looking for a new area to make it's home.

This is for all of you people who say. "Where is a body?! Show me a body?!"

http://www.easterncougar.org/pages/beyondsightings.htm << Click on that link and then click on the confirmation part and read it..

Mountain Lions were at one time native and quite common in Kentucky at one time until we extirpated them. So to assume they couldn't have moved back I think is a little naive.

They can eat anything from insects to elk. Yes I can support that if you want links that show their diet. Or you can just google it. I also find it hard to believe that everyone who has ever sighted a mountain lion in Kentucky is some old drunk and someone who doesn't know enough about the native animals to not know what they are talking about..

2. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

1. Dinosaurs were once here in Ky as well, how many of those you seen?

2. Did you read the website you posted. They even admit that even in states with just a few cougars, evidence is readily available. Here is the quote............."Sanctioned studies since the late 1990s by the CRF, research universities, and state and federal wildlife agencies in NY, NJ, PA, MD, VA, WV, and KY have failed to find evidence of cougars. Incidental evidence such as roadkills, accidental shootings or trappings, and photographs captured by privately owned remote wildlife cameras is nearly absent.

Even in Midwestern states with low or emerging cougar populations, incidental evidence appears with reliable frequency."

3.The confirmation of the kitten has been discussed ad nauseum here, you just happen to come late to the party, REALLY late. The DNA showed the mother was a pet, and the father was of north american decent. Most likely two captives who bred in captivity.

This has been discussed for years on here, go read all the old post.

3. Berdarien

Berdarien 6 pointer

Jul 23, 2012
    Err same as biography
    Ahh thanks for that because I haven't caught up on all of the posts. I also see dinosaurs all the time. Don't you? Down around West Liberty off of Black water there is a triceratops that keeps the area clean of pines..

4. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    Better step up your game Bill you've got competition!

5. Berdarien

Berdarien 6 pointer

Jul 23, 2012
    Err same as biography
    Well my first post was a lot more involved and showed I was on the fence both ways! Now I just look like an idiot! Thanks slickhead! ;).. Appreciate the information though.

6. CHL

CHL 10 pointer

Jul 14, 2008
    Central KY

No offense man, but as soon as you made that post, you looked like an idiot. All Slick did was confirm it for you.

7. Berdarien

Berdarien 6 pointer

Jul 23, 2012
    Err same as biography
    At least I got confirmation and reiteration.. Nothing worse then being unsure about something..

8. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Don't take it too hard, there is guy on here named Buckfever that I have been exposing routinely for years, and he is still around.

9. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    New guys rock. Only gets better from here to Feb.

10. Berdarien

Berdarien 6 pointer

Jul 23, 2012
    Err same as biography
    Wow .. After reading some of the older posts about mountain lions you guys really seem to hate people who believe they are around. Greatest post I could make first day it seems. I am just curious why such the hate for people that think they are possibly around? Everyone think it's just impossible now or what? I am just curious as to the thinking behind it. I understand some people have really harped on the idea. I was just pointing out I believe in it's possibility.. Espescially since they have been confirmed in both Missouri and Indiana.

I want to reiterate I am definitely not trying to troll or start anything. Just curious by the adamant denial that no way no how are they around.

I guess I should have posted about bigfoot or something.. Might have gone over better lol..

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  11. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    I'm glad you said new guys and not new guy!

12. Berdarien

Berdarien 6 pointer

Jul 23, 2012
    Err same as biography
    I rock like granite baby..

13. dxtsniper

dxtsniper 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2009
    Turn around!
    Oh heck just gives us something to argue about. It's hard waiting untill the next season shows up so we take it out on our ky hunting people, kinda like family bickering. You wana see some hate? Try posting you voted for that scumbag obama and are planning on doing it again, lol.

14. forddeerslayer

forddeerslayer 12 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    greenup/lewis co
    How come the confirmation parts says about the mt lion kitten killed and you click on big picture and there is no confirmations in ky?

15. CHL

CHL 10 pointer

Jul 14, 2008
    Central KY
    No hate for anyone man. It's just that as of right now, today, there have not been, and aren't currently any Mtn. Lions in KY. Therefore, most of us have sense enought not to make silly posts about sightings and confirmations. However, there are a couple of folks on here that will bet their life on it. Hopefully you're not one of those.

16. Berdarien

Berdarien 6 pointer

Jul 23, 2012
    Err same as biography
    Nah .. I only bet my life on Russian roulette and cheap moonshine..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.