Maybe New State Record Killed

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by hunterman1971, Nov 5, 2006.

1. hunterman1971

hunterman1971 8 pointer

Sep 4, 2006
    Edmonson
    Well i'm back from pennyrile alot of bucks taken the biggest was a 21 point yes 21 points maybe new state record..a guy from hart co killed it..i will have pics when he sends it to me it's big it was killed sat eve about 3 o'clock 17 bucks killed in 2 days anything from a 6 pointer to a 21 pointer.I hunted hard for 2 days and seen 9 bucks no does everything to small.

2. big bubba t

big bubba t 10 pointer

Sep 4, 2004
    Waltersburg , KY
    They're saying that about one killed in Beaver Creek also. I didn't see it they were having trouble getting it out of the hollow. Of course they say that about alot of deer each year and that aren't quite as big as first thought but it is very possible. There are some big bucks running around on these wmas.

3. Highbow

Highbow BBBC Members

Dec 16, 2001
    Staffordsville, Ky.
    23" spread on one killed at Paintsville Lake WMA, it was a good weekend for the quota hunts. The 15" spread might be starting to get results.

4. hunterman1971

hunterman1971 8 pointer

Sep 4, 2006
    Edmonson
    I seen this one in the flesh it was bigggg. it had a 10 inch drop tin and 20 points g2 was 15 inch long i think it was 23 inch spread

5. Slopfishin

Slopfishin Spike

Oct 19, 2005
    Hopkinsville, KY
    Saw the one at Pennyrile. Words cannot describe it and pictures do not do it justice.

6. Slopfishin

Slopfishin Spike

Oct 19, 2005
    Hopkinsville, KY
    A few more points about this deer:

1. The omish guy who killed it didn't like people taking pics of it.

2. He IS going to get it mounted.

3. Seeing as how the omish like their privacy, I don't see how this deer will ever be scored by a Boone and Crockett scorer. The only score we'll probably ever get is from the taxidermist.

I can't wait for you guys to see this pic of this monster.

7. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.

Amish don't like being in the picture, but don't mind the deer being pictured. They like money too, so if they can make a buck, they will.

8. Slopfishin

Slopfishin Spike

Oct 19, 2005
    Hopkinsville, KY
    I almost wish it would all stay hush hush. Kentucky's gotten enough publicity these days regarding deer hunting. Out-of-staters coming in buying up all the land. Things will only get worse now.

9. lances

lances 10 pointer

Sep 12, 2004
    Lake Cumberland KY
    I can not wait to see pictures.

10. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    beaver creek

The deer at beaver creek I heard through the grapvine netted in the 180's. I don't know anymore details other than it took them about 8 hours to get it out. I know there was also a 150+ killed down there there should be pictures of it on here shortly. Maybe this 15 inch spread limit is working afterall.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  11. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    Look 4ward to seeing the pics!

12. gwhilikerz

gwhilikerz Banned

Oct 16, 2004
    My buddy who was hunting pennyrile told me it was a monster buck for sure, possibly a new record. And he is not prone to exagerate.

13. huntmadd

huntmadd 8 pointer

Oct 2, 2003
    Henry,Kentucky, USA.
    Big Buck

I know the group of amish that went . They called and told me about the buck. Haven't seen buck yet.They said it has 18 scoreable point 30'' main beems 14'' g2
    23'' speed. I gess i need to go look at it. He said it will Score 240- 250 BC.

14. muzzy

muzzy 6 pointer

Jul 22, 2006
    Picayune, MS
    i'm sick of hearing about how big it is.....I want to see this GIANT!!!

15. EKY.MTN.HUNTER

EKY.MTN.HUNTER 12 pointer

Jul 19, 2006
    Bell County, KY.
    I agree muzzy, but you have to admit, all the hype is building some great suspense, I dont think it would do this buck justice if we just clicked on the link, and BAM there is this monster.

16. muzzy

muzzy 6 pointer

Jul 22, 2006
    Picayune, MS
    i know it i know it, i get too anxious too soon. i just cant help it. its killing me.

17. muzzy

muzzy 6 pointer

Jul 22, 2006
    Picayune, MS
    remember, im from Tennessee. we dont see booners killed everyday. shoot, our state record typical is only like 183" and that was killed back in like 1956 or something. im still trying to get used to this stuff.

18. EKY.MTN.HUNTER

EKY.MTN.HUNTER 12 pointer

Jul 19, 2006
    Bell County, KY.
    I have a few acres in north east TN, (Claiborne County)where I grew up hunting, but now I go to school in central Ky and hunt a farm in northern central Ky, and yes there are alot more big deer. But I will always be biased to mey little TN patcha ground, my roots lol

19. G2731

G2731 Fawn

Nov 5, 2006
    Pennyrile Buck

I am not normally a poster, but I happen to have a picture of this deer. It is not the best quality, but who cares. Look at this beautiful animal. This picture should be suffice until someone post a better one.

Attached Files:

20. MercuryNewt

MercuryNewt 8 pointer

Jun 15, 2003
    Louisville, KY, USA.
    I heard it could be the next Rompola buck! :D Just kidding...

Just noticed the pic above and all I've got to say is good Lord!!!