LBL forest fire

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Turkin8or, Aug 11, 2012.

1. mrdux

mrdux Guest

News said it is around Nickel Branch.

2. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    I was fishing yesterday on Kentucky Lake, I saw the smoke coming from the north end of LBL. I just assumed it was a perscribed fire, but I guess it was a wild fire.

3. ril7572

ril7572 Cyber-Hunter

Jul 9, 2003
    Ky..
    Wouldn't that be 217,000 acres?

4. mrdux

mrdux Guest

Don't confuse him with facts. Must be the Indiana "new math".

Report on the fire is it was started by somebody bailing hay. I'm shocked there would be any hay anywhere near LBL as dry as it is on this side of the lake.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
  5. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

They cut hay for the elk and bison. They need tons of it each year for that reason. With a number of fields already being returned to prairie grasses they would just now be cutting those. Prarie grasses are much more drought tolerant,one of the reasons KDFWR is promting them for pastures and food plots. If it is up near Nickel Branch I have a very good idea where it is. Jimmie

6. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    All I know is I live here next to Kentucky Lake, and can fish here any time I want. :cool:

7. BadDuck

BadDuck 12 pointer

Aug 13, 2007
    Bullitt County
    fish all you want and then some, but please quit advertising our state to the rest of the damn country!!!!!

8. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    I work 1st shift some weeks, and 2nd shift other weeks, so I can fish in the mornings during the weeks that I work 2nd shift. I may fish tomorrow morning.:)

You said I advertise Kentucky to the whole world ? Maybe a few hundred people if that, have or will read my signature. The last I checked there were over 40 Million fisherman in America lol.

Remember 99.9999% of Hunters/ Fisherman in America have and will never hear of me or you.

There are dozens of states that have more wilderness, lakes, forest etc than Kentucky, most people don't care, they care about their own state.

Several dozen other states have over 1 million acres of Lakes. An example of this is Minnesota, MN has over 3 million acres of lakes,

Some of you act as though the entire worlds eyes are on Kentucky lol, that simply is not true.

I lived in Texas for awhile years ago, Texas has several million acres of lakes, the Gulf of Mexico and thousands of miles worth of rivers/ streams.

There are lakes down there were you can catch 100 or more Bass per day. Most people down there could care less about what we are doing here in Kentucky.

BTW, There are tons of out of state hunters/ fisherman who hunt/ fish in every State.

Kentucky has a good amount of Out of state Hunters/ fisherman, but nothing like Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Wisconsin, MN, Missouri, Florida, Texas, Alabama etc.

Also, people already know about Kentucky, it is all over DVD'S, Magazines, and the Outdoor Channel.

BTW, I won't mention his name, but one of our fellow members here writes stories/ articles about Kentucky for the largest hunting Magazine on Earth. I have read many of his hunting reports.

There are several other members on here who do the same for other magazines/ websites etc, but I won't mention their names. So several people on here publicize Kentucky WAY more than I ever have or will.

I do not give out specific Hunting/ Fishing information at all anymore and I never will.

9. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

I thought you lived 10 miles from KY lake?

Drugs are bad Billy! Give em up!

10. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    I see you live in Louisville.

10 miles is closer to KY Lake, than probably 99% of this states population is. Both of my hunting leases are within 3 miles of KY Lake.

11. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

I live in Louisville. I live 1 mile from the Ohio river.

12. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    Congratulations, I have fished there many times when I lived in Indiana.

Within a 60 mile radius of my house I have the Mississippi River, Ohio River, TN River, Cumberland River, Clarks River, Reelfoot Lake, the 160,000 acre Kentucky Lake, the 57,000 acre Barkley Lake, and several other private lakes, and lakes in LBL. Several dozen creeks, and a few small rivers also. ;)

But most of us here in Kentucky live within a short driving distance of some geat natural resources, so many of us live in great places.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  13. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

Bill, you ever watch the movie groundhogs day? Story of your life!

14. headoftheholler

headoftheholler 12 pointer

Oct 16, 2007
    Getshot, KY
    I live in Teaberry.
    I live 20 feet from Mud Creek.

15. Me and thayatttt there creek, it was chub creek, and it was just about 3-4 miles from my house -- it was really bout 5-6 miles, but mama said that was just a little white lie and wouldn't hurt nobody -- well me and that lil chub creek, well we was just like peas and carrots.

16. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Leases?

You live within 12 miles of LBL. Probably closer than 97.34% of the state.

17. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Looking at the map and going though Hy's 937 and 453 I live CLOSER than 12 miles to KY Lake and LBL, under 13 miles from Barkley Lake.

18. Somebody tell him what he has won.