July 5th News Headlines...

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Jason1977, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Jason1977

Jason1977 Spike

Oct 25, 2009
    How many times do you think we'll hear on the news..."the fire was believed to be started by fireworks and the dry conditions"...across the state. Careful with your fireworks this week fellers. Lots of kindlin' out there right about now. My neighbors have been setting them off for the past 2 days. I got the water hose at the ready...!!!

2. Munson

Munson 6 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    There was a forest fire in the county yesterday, I was told a vehicle backfired and started it. There was a guy air lifted to UK with severe burns, he had a nice old nova that he thought alot of and tried to get it out of his garage. They said he had 90% of his body burned. We thankfully received enough rain this evening to wet the ground.

3. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    Should be good to go up here. Two good rains in. Three days, my kids are happy.

4. artcarney_agr

artcarney_agr Banned

Oct 9, 2007
    Rained in Louisville last night, but not for too long.

Regardless, I'll be skipping fireworks and buying dry ice to blow up plastic bottles to make my loud booms!

5. Zeb

Zeb 6 pointer

May 20, 2008
    Goshen, KY
    I've wanted dry ice a few times but didn't know where to find it. Where do you get it around Louisville?

6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I've seen it at several Wal-Marts.

7. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    Get Works cleaner, take aluminum foil an wad them into small pieces and put them into a bottle. Pour the Works in the bottle cap it, shake it, and throw it. Enjoy

8. artcarney_agr

artcarney_agr Banned

Oct 9, 2007
    Kroger. They have it in a special cooler up front - $0.99 per pound

9. artcarney_agr

artcarney_agr Banned

Oct 9, 2007
    I've done this before - a lot more dangerous as the reaction and explosion are more spontaneous, plus the acid produced is bad stuff!

10. Zeb

Zeb 6 pointer

May 20, 2008
    Goshen, KY
    Thanks - I'll check Krogers and Walmart. I had no idea it was so easy to get, always assumed it would have to come from an industrial supply company.

11. Ky Fur Buster

Ky Fur Buster Spike

Dec 15, 2010
    Perry Co.
    Crushed Chlorine tablets and rubbing alcohol in a pop bottle=loud boom:D. Better be quick tho!

12. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    look up carbonics. it's been a few years and i don't remember the name of the business. downtown vicinity.