Free plans - gravity deer feeder

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kentuckykeith, Jun 13, 2013.

1. kentuckykeith

kentuckykeith Fawn

Jun 10, 2013
    Florida
    Had a few of these made at my local sheet metal shop & they work really well. I wanted a silent feeder i could put close to my bow stands, one that would hold a good amout of corn & a way to lock it to the tree to prevent theft. Also designed it with a plexi-glass view window to keep human scent down at feeder & you can check corn level from a distance. Camo ratchet strap to tree & 6' cable lock. I place a small piece of P.T. plywood on the ground for proper feed flow control & if not, you'll have a mudhole in front of feeder over time. I installed 2 hole jiffy clamps ( electrical conduit straps ) on the sides , to hold fresh cut tree limbs for a camo effect.( 4' holds 150 Lbs/Corn & 5' 200 Lbs/Corn )

Attached Files:

2. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Those are pretty slick.

3. AndUrLittleDoe2

AndUrLittleDoe2 6 pointer

Sep 17, 2011
    Shelby Co
    Damn, I thought your DIY ground blind was cool, but this is cooler. What else you got up your sleeve?

4. kentuckykeith

kentuckykeith Fawn

Jun 10, 2013
    Florida
    LOL Just have alot of stuff saved in my files , maybe someone can use one of these plans.

5. forddeerslayer

forddeerslayer 12 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    greenup/lewis co
    That's neat and detailed too.

6. kentuckykeith

kentuckykeith Fawn

Jun 10, 2013
    Florida
    thanks , From the orange picker LOL

7. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Looks awesome!!!! One thing I'd add is something to hold the lid on. I made one out of PVC pipe and had a squirrel to get inside the pipe!! He managed to get the cap off somehow. I felt sorry for the fellow and took a chainsaw and cut him free.