Fort Campbell Bucks.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by billproxs, Dec 12, 2012.

1. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    This post has been removed as the result of comments that were made.

Moderators feel free to delete this Thread.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  2. bmc

bmc 6 pointer

Aug 5, 2012
    There are some good looking deer there. Have you hunted there before? I have read up on the details and it looks pretty easy to get access. I didnt see anything about a quota hunt. Is it just register for a permit and hunt? I might try to hunt there next year. I would love to get a hog too. Any info, good or bad, from anyone would be appreciated.

3. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    Where's the Bundy pic?

4. kenbuckyblu

kenbuckyblu 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2008
    Lebanon Junction
    I am planning to go down there next year, maybe for a 4 day stay. They are set up on a phone call in system, they have set times you can start calling based on your category, 2 days prior to your hunting. So you have to look on their website, to see what areas are open, then you have to call in and use your Pin number, and select 1 area at a time, then wait till the end of the call to see if you are signed in, if you dont get in that area you have to start over, once you are successful, then you hang up, then the day prior to your hunt you have to stop in their hunt control office and pick up your area assignment sheet, then you go hunt, and you have to clear thru that same phone system. Also you have to arrive early and go thru gate 4 visitor center and complete a weapons registration form. Im going to try it, but i can see some aggravation with that system, and would likely make you wish you were back at Knox, realizing how easy we actually have it here.

5. deerpox

deerpox 6 pointer

Dec 1, 2011
    Western Ky
    thanks for posting. pic 131, i think might be my favorite.

6. jack_d

jack_d 6 pointer

Nov 3, 2011
    what happend to the 13 pointer i believe its on the 2nd page. at the bottom of the pic it says " TA 19 165 LBS 13 PTS.jpg " it loooks like the cause of death for this dear was getting hit by a train in the rear end.

7. jack_d

jack_d 6 pointer

Nov 3, 2011
    and can someone explain why alot of these 120 + inch deer only weigh around 110-130 lbs.? here in clinton county the spikes and 4 pointers killed weighed that much.

8. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Bill, you're drinking your own Kool-Aid now.

9. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    My bet is that coyotes got to him before he could be retrieved....

10. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    whocares1.jpg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    i'm not researching it, but i'm not taking issue with the Texas deer brought into Ft Campbell, it's your reasoning you use to justify the two different size deer. after a few generations, the smaller deer will evolve to the size of the local population.

the small bucks (125-140 field dressed) we have outside of Ft Knox on our property must have come from that brood stock from Campbell, probably chased there by mountain lions..........or maybe the poor nutrition they have is keeping them on the smaller size vs deer around farming areas.

12. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
  13. finelydeerhunting

finelydeerhunting 8 pointer

Nov 7, 2006
    Finley, KY
    Apparently I missed something here. LOL