Favorite broadhead and why?

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by gosmokeless, Oct 2, 2015.

1. gosmokeless

gosmokeless Fawn

Oct 28, 2012
    Please list your favorite broadhead and the characteristics that make it great.

2. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Slick Trick...Flys like a dart, the most accurate fixed blade Ive ever shot..No moving parts, very sharp blades and tough..

richief likes this.
  3. Meatstick

Meatstick 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Nelson County
    Vortex 125gr 2 3/4" cut.
    Because ya don't fix what ain't broke.
    That broadhead is responsible for over 100 whitetail deaths by me alone. Along with over 25 turkeys. Have yet to have a reason to switch

Sent from work

4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Muzzy 125 grain....I want to know my broadhead is running and working with zero chance of failing to open or whatever.

5. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Slick Tricks. Fly great. Tough as nails and still sharp after using.

richief likes this.
  6. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    This..................:D

7. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 6 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    G5 Striker's, fly like a dart, are fixed blade and tough as any others.

8. ky.longbeard

ky.longbeard 10 pointer

May 15, 2010
    Fixed blade Slick Tricks. I did shoot a doe yesterday with a NAP Killzone for crossbows and it did very well.She didn't go 50 yds. and I watched her pile up.My first experience with a mechanical head and it preformed great !

9. BucksnBeards3

BucksnBeards3 6 pointer

Apr 9, 2014
    edmonson county
    I shoot NAP spitfires and the do great. I will have to say Im a fan of slick tricks as well

10. docbuck

docbuck 8 pointer

Nov 28, 2014
    western ky
    Wasp drone fixed 100 grain, shoots just like a fieldpoint. Comes with replacement blades , and will go through both shoulders is your shot is left.

11. danh228

danh228 Spike

May 12, 2015
    Anyone have any expierence with the mechanical Grim Reapers razortips, 100 grain? I switched to them last season and they seem to shoot pretty good for me. Haven't shot a deer with one though. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  12. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    watchemdrop

13. Jerod

Jerod 10 pointer

Oct 30, 2008
    KY
    Tricks and stingers for me. Come to like swackers after seeing some local kills and at the range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    For compound & crossbow ... use fixed blade Wasp Hammer SST. I've killed deer & hogs with them. They tune easily ... fly great and scary sharp.

With traditional... 45# recurve.... using Magnus Stingers. They fly great ... good solid cut on contact head ... but so far yet to kill anything with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

Sharp, easy to tune, and durable. Brand doesn't matter, as long as they fit into that criteria. I've shot Slick Tricks, G-5, NAP, Wasp, Rocky Mountain, Muzzy, Savora, Bear, and Satellite. I was able to get every one of those to tune well enough to shoot Some took more effort than others. Broadhead technology has come a long way in the last 40 years.

Slick tricks, by far, have been the easiest to tune and shoot. They are also one of the sharpest head out of the package I've used. G-5 Strykers may be a bit sharper out of the pack. I have no idea how many deer I've killed with the slick tricks, but I do know I've yet to have a failure. A couple of shoulder shots, and a couple of spine shots come to mind. All of those deer were recovered, and the broadhead stayed together. I've lost a couple of deer over the years, All but two I can blame 100% on me.

Through the years, I've shot deer that should have fallen within 50 yards, that ran out of sight. I've shot deer that should have ran for days that fell within sight. Deer are the toughest, fragile animals I hunt.