Extrema vs Extrema II - What's the difference

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by addicted to Quack, Nov 29, 2010.

1. addicted to Quack

addicted to Quack Spike

Sep 28, 2006
    What the difference between the Beretta Extrema and the Extrema II?

2. Mostly cosmetic in the base models. I think the stock is a little thinner for the most part on the II, obviously the price. But the II has the Kickoff option which does make a big difference. I have shot clays with 3.5"s before without problems...yes it was just to prove I could do it

3. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    I had an Extrema for a while. Thing was super reliable, but was like swinging a telephone pole.

4. Nathan_Babymojo

Nathan_Babymojo 6 pointer

Dec 1, 2009
    Owensboro,KY
    I just recently purchased a Benelli Urika 2 and was wondering the difference between it and a Extrema besides the fact that it does not shoot 3 1/2 shells and it comes with an optimized choke.

5. I haven't really messed with the Urika much. I know if I didn't own a extrema 2, my next choice would be a SX3...super light and reliable shotgun, weights a lot less than my gun and kicks just the same

6. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    The Urika, I thought was not a Benelli????

Mayes

7. Nathan_Babymojo

Nathan_Babymojo 6 pointer

Dec 1, 2009
    Owensboro,KY
    Your right Mayes I dont even know what kind of gun I got lol. What I meant was Beretta Urika 2.

8. tomfever

tomfever 6 pointer

May 30, 2010
    western side of kentucky
    One has II in front of it

9. BadDuck

BadDuck 12 pointer

Aug 13, 2007
    Bullitt County
    They both go bang!

10. mike_b

mike_b 8 pointer

Aug 8, 2010
    Ledbetter
    The biggest difference from an operational perspective is that the Xtrema II is gas operated, not inertia driven.

11. lsmerrill

lsmerrill Spike

Feb 27, 2006
    Crittenden Co.
    The Extrema I and Extrema II are both gas operated...

12. Getchasum

Getchasum 10 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    NKY
    just get a benelli and be done with it

13. The berettas are not inertia guns.

14. mike_b

mike_b 8 pointer

Aug 8, 2010
    Ledbetter
    Well, I'm just dumb it seems. For some reason I thought they were.

15. tasaman

tasaman Spike

Aug 10, 2009
    Woodlawn, TN
    I own a Urika and it's a 3 inch gun. It's gas. Does well with a everything except sometimes doesn't like skeet loads. Can smack a turkey at 50 yds with it or anything that flies. It's lighter than all heck and easy to point. I have the upland model though...wood and blue. Not best choice for ducks. For turkey I put a camo sock over the whole thing and works great. Might be my only option for ducks since I only own the one shotgun.

16. Duck will just think it is a tree limb until fire comes out of the end of it.

If you want a Beretta, wait until the Unico comes out in synthetic and camo next year. I have a Max-4 Xtrema 2, but want a Max-4 Unico bad....

17. Nothing wrong with a wood and blued gun...my first ducks were killed with a Model 12 made in 1913 in 16g.