Either the biggest coyote in Ky. or it's a freakin wolf

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by predatorhunter44, Mar 21, 2013.

1. predatorhunter44

predatorhunter44 Fawn

Mar 21, 2013
    My hunting pardner killed a a female that weighed 73 poumds in Hart county Saturday. We weighed her on deer scales and on the scales at the Amish salvage yard She was 30 inches tall and her body was 45 inches long,from nose to hip. I'm 5'10 and she os about 6 inches over my head. We contacted Fish and Game and their biologist agreed that she seemed to be more wolf than coyote. He refered us to the main biologist in Frankfort for more tests. I have pictures that I will email anyone to post here if you want. I can't get my phone to download them. I had a friend to download it on 'The Huntmasters Forum ' of you want to check that out.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013
  2. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Your pics should be good to go now. That's a big one.

3. thunderchicken10

thunderchicken10 6 pointer

Apr 16, 2009
    Wow!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. KHAdmin

KHAdmin 8 pointer

Aug 17, 2012
    Man.....that is a hoss!

5. chris149

chris149 12 pointer

Jun 17, 2009
    KY
    Kind of looks like a hybrid wolf to me. I have one at the house and looks a lot like him.

6. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

That one could take down a deer by herself.

7. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    Anyone missing a German Shepard ? :)

8. predatorhunter44

predatorhunter44 Fawn

Mar 21, 2013
    I've hunted them for 33 years now and out of all that I've taken, none compairs to her. The biggest coyote I took weighed 47 pounds. I was relieved that we could get this documented with Fish and Game. I told my pardner that her mate would be bigger,being male,lol.

9. GoBlue82

GoBlue82 6 pointer

Feb 6, 2013
    Boone Co.
    That is amazing. Did F&W say if they are seeing many coyote-wolf hybrids, or does anybody else know how common they are? Also, if she is "more wolf than coyote", that would mean that the full wolf would have to be pretty close to her, like a parent or grandparent, wouldn't it?

10. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    That is crazy huge! Never seen one that big ever.

11. predatorhunter44

predatorhunter44 Fawn

Mar 21, 2013
    He seems to think that she is wolf but, wasn't ruling out that she could be mixed. That's why he refered us to Frankfort, so they could test further. They talked like they might DNA test. A friend sent me a pic of a wolf that he trapped in Mn. and they look alike.

12. breckhunter

breckhunter 6 pointer

Aug 31, 2011
    Breckinridge
    I'm crying wolf! Haha

13. I have been after old wiley for over 30 years now. I have killed a few coyotes that weighed over 50 pounds. Biggest one I have seen killed was on one of many hunts I have had with PossumAl when he killed a male that weighed 58 pounds--------it was a hoss. I have seen a coyote that weighed 62 pounds that a trapper had and it to was a hoss. 72 pounds is a lot of coyote or whatever. This just makes me want to drop what I'm doing go hunting.

Great Post and thanks for sharing. Please keep us up to date with any current information you receive back on that BIG beast.

Can't wait until JR takes a peek at this post.

14. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    Keep us posted on what they find out. Interesting to me if it is a wolf, what the circumstances surrounding it is and how it came to be where it was if someone didn't have it pinned up as a pet. Where is Bill when you need him. I bet he knows it's orgin. May have came in bareback on a black panther from somewhere.

15. cityslicker

cityslicker 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2010
    Hart county
    That's huge! What part of Hart County was it taken? I do some hunting in Cub Run.

16. 521chevelle

521chevelle Spike

Oct 30, 2012
    county 094
    Wow. Bet he made some fawns happy with that kill, or maybe an elk!

17. forddeerslayer

forddeerslayer 12 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    greenup/lewis co
    keep us updated! that is huge. thanks for sharing. cant wait to hear how you make out.

18. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    Thats awesome , Would love to see coy wolf and pure bred white wolves set up residency in ky.

19. whitleycotrapper

whitleycotrapper 12 pointer

May 20, 2005
    Williamsburg, KY
    With all the bad things happening out in the western states I'm sure all farmers and deer and elk hunters will strongly disagree.

20. KYDEERCHASR

KYDEERCHASR 10 pointer

Aug 29, 2005
    marion county
    sure does have the look of a wolf in the face.