Donaldson creek lodge

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by gando, Apr 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. gando

gando Fawn

Apr 13, 2010
    Up A creek?

I ve been researching outfitters in Kentucky and found what I thought was a great place, Donalson Creek Lodge. Now I found Donaldson Creek Outfitters. Can any body tell me if these 2 are the same outfitters , and if not which one is better as far as hunter success. Tired of killing these puppy dogs in Jersey, and am willing to spend a little to get my buck of a lifetime, or at least a 130 or better. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Double D Farms

Double D Farms 6 pointer

Nov 18, 2006
    Ohio County, KY
    Do a search on this forum for Donaldson Creek. They are not the same & apparently there is a BIG difference.

3. wcpickens

wcpickens 6 pointer

Dec 30, 2003
    Grand Rivers
    You'll do fine with Donaldson Creek Lodge. I was raised in that area and can tell you, Jonathon and his family are good people.

4. gando

gando Fawn

Apr 13, 2010
    Thanks double d farms, but what is the difference. Are you familiar with either of these two outfitters, or know anyone who is. Jersey is 950 miles away and the cost is about $2500. I can sit in the woods in jersey for free and not kill anything. Have the name of any reliable outfitter in western kentucky. First time hunting out of state. Thanks again Gando

5. gando

gando Fawn

Apr 13, 2010
    thanks wcpickens. I spoke to, i think Mike today, Jonathans brother. Seemed like a nice fella on the phone. I saw previous post on forum about the donaldson creeks and just wanted to make sure i got the right one. thanks again Gando

6. Noodle

Noodle Fawn

Apr 13, 2010
    looking to book a hunt with them and was wondering if anyone here had any positive or neg info they could share with me

7. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    This may be the outfit that leased up the property next to westkybanded's ground. You might shoot him a PM and see.

If so, he has plenty to say about them. :D

8. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    I've sent them an email to find out if they're the ones. I'll wait to hear back before I say anything.

9. gando

gando Fawn

Apr 13, 2010
    sorry wc i meant i spoke to anthony, not mike, but thanks again

10. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    It's not the guys that lease near me, so I don't know.

11. wcpickens

wcpickens 6 pointer

Dec 30, 2003
    Grand Rivers
    Anthony? When you talk to him again, tell him an ol' friend still calls him 'tubbo' They are in the Creswell area, if anyone has heard of that. You can't get there from here, you have to go to Princeton or Fredonia to start. They actually bought a small 35-40 farm from my dad a few years back that bordered some of there property.

12. gando

gando Fawn

Apr 13, 2010
    wcpickens, Good hunting area? Those guys know what treir doin'?

13. wcpickens

wcpickens 6 pointer

Dec 30, 2003
    Grand Rivers
    I can't tell you anything about there business, beacuse I have been around them in several years. But I can they are top notch people and a real good hunting area in western Ky.

14. jerrymac

jerrymac Fawn

Aug 31, 2012
    We have a hunt scheduled at Donaldson Creek Lodge in November of this year. Any information or pictures of deer killed there would be great! I can't seem to find out much of anything regarding hunters' past experiences there.

15. jerrymac

jerrymac Fawn

Aug 31, 2012
    Donaldson Creek Lodge -- Princeton, KY

We have booked a hunt at Donaldson Creek Lodge (not Donaldson Creek Outfitters) in Princeton, KY for this November. Can anyone please give me some feedback on their experience there? Any pictures? I can't seem to find much of anything from anyone online regarding comments, recommendations, etc.

THANKS!

16. jerrymac

jerrymac Fawn

Aug 31, 2012
    Does anybody know about this operation?