Constitutional Carry Bill Withdrawn In KY Senate

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by useyourbow, Feb 10, 2017.

1. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    How? So what other rights do you have to take a class for to exercise it? I have to A. spend my time to take the required training and B. spend my money on the training and the permit. If you choose to do it so that your wait at the gun shop is less, then that's your right. I can also choose to give the gov't money and have my wait at the airport reduced. Or I can choose not to. But either way I have the choice. As do you. So how does constitutional carry change anything at all for you?

2. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Smash...just a heads up..... LBL (federal property) does not recognize Ky concealed carry period.

Open carry of handguns while roaming the woods at LBL...is only allowed when a hunting season is open... and then restricted to the caliber permitted with that particular firearms hunting season.

Which concerning handguns....this is normally rimfire the majority of the time between the late August squirrel opener to basically the end of January. Then for February....the only month centerfires are allowed for coyotes.... I'm thinking is the only time you can carry a centerfire handgun.

From March to late August.... firearms are prohibited..... with the exception of the firearms target ranges

LBL is unique to this as CC is allowed at most if not all national parks.... just not LBL. Which I've had discussions with LBL - Forrest Service Police ... and they are normally understanding concerning travel on Hwy 80 & the Trace... travelling through LBL carrying a weapon inside your vehicle. But once on legal / numbered roads or outside your vehicle on LBL property... its a totally different set of rules.

https://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/visit/rules-regulations/
    ORDER No. 60-09-13:
    1. Possession of firearms is prohibited except during legal firearms hunting seasons by licensed hunters and going to and from Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area firearms range. Firearms must be cased and unloaded during transport. 36 CFR 261.53(e)

3. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    I know. The whole judged by 12 carried by 6 thing comes into play for me.

I'm not out there plinking or crap like that. It is on my hip when I am out walking around scouting for critters mainly for the brief period when you walk back up on your vehicle in the dark and don't know if there is someone hanging out on the other side of it waiting or in the process of pulling your stereo. Obviously I am not talking about leaving my rig in lit parking lots or places like that.

4. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    PT.... we can just agree to disagree on this subject.

I've always been a pro-2A supporter and will continue..... but I'm not supporting passage of this particular legislation.

5. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    I see that we have no choice but to agree to disagree.

drakeshooter likes this.
  6. slobear

slobear 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Lol, nice catch.

I simply do not believe that everyone should have the right to conceal a firearm. Own them? Sure,, but I want to know what dunderhead is fumbling with while reaching into pockets. Passing the CC test and background check is not a hindrance to anyone other than those prohibited from owning them in first place

7. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    You willing to pony up for some to take the CC class?

8. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    How does a "dunderhead" having a CCW tell you if he's reaching for a pistol or just playing pocket pool?

9. slobear

slobear 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Good point. I just trust that they have been vetted. I notice no "conservative constitution preacher" want's to touch the video i shared. Who thinks that guy should be able to carry a handgun, ................... raise your hand, don't be ashamed. Hell, stevenvalley said he voted for mcstuffins lmao!

10. slobear

slobear 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Some people are born losers

11. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    It's weird missing out on half these conversations... don't mind it a bit, though.

smashdn likes this.
  12. slobear

slobear 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Take this guy for example^^^^^. How many thinks he should be able to conceal a handgun??? Some people have issues that they can't hide and are usually picked up by the background check. If this guy has me on ignore, well it's defective like eds

13. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    Really ? Couldn't be because half of most threads are you repeating the same posts that started during the campaign ? Just get some new material, we all know you are 99% right and that some people like egg mcmuffins .

14. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    The threads end up several pages shorter but immensely more enjoyable to read.