Clay Wma

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bugle freak, Nov 4, 2009.

1. bugle freak

bugle freak 6 pointer

Jan 13, 2008
    Headed to Clay Wma friday along with my dad and papaw, hoping to harvest a deer or 2. who else is headed in that direction?
    and how much do you all know about this draw hunt?

thanks

2. hunteatsleep

hunteatsleep 10 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    Montgomery County, KY
    I'm going to be there the next 4 days. There will probably be a lot of people there friday scouting for the quota hunt, they usually push a big one past me around midday. I hope he stops long enough for a shot.

3. crossfire

crossfire 8 pointer

Jun 13, 2006
    Mayfield, Ky
    Used to camp, squirrel, and grouse hunt Clay quite a bit years ago. Always big deer in the area. Used to be notorious for poaching, but the further toward the river and deep hollers you got, the less chance folks had to catch a big one in the spotlight. My advice is to stay out of the fields and hunt thick. Walk until you flush a grouse; then you'll know when you are deep enough.

4. buckmasterg2

buckmasterg2 Fawn

Jan 12, 2006
    London,ky
    well i just got back from clay on tues. was there for a w/k and it was prob. one of the best hunting trips ive been on i seen 9 DIFFERENT bucks prob 4 shooters and plenty of does watched bucks fight and chase does and snort wheeze and everything else cant wait to get back up there!!!:rolleyes: