Cabela's in Charleston WVA

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by RLWEBB, Aug 8, 2012.

1. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    My daughter, my best friend Mark and I just got back. The store is awesome is about all I can say. I think tomorrow is the official opening with some big sales going on. Had a great trip and even got to eat at Red Lobster. Can't wait to go back.

2. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    Ill probably run up tomorrow see whats on sale there its only about 30 minutes from work.

3. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    Pick me up one of the new Tri-Tronic GPS collars with Trainer built in and an extra collar for it. Send the bill to Birdman. He siad it would be ok to do so.

4. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.

Will do, are you sure you just want two collars?

5. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    There supposed to be building one in Louisville.

6. KY Colonel

KY Colonel 6 pointer

Mar 25, 2011
    Letcher Co
    a link to anything on sale?

7. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    I havent been able to find anything online but they have had it on the radio the last few days and there having alot of giveaways and such so im sure they will have several items marked down for the opener.

8. rather-b-huntn

rather-b-huntn 10 pointer

9. mike_b

mike_b 8 pointer

Aug 8, 2010
    Ledbetter
    Columbus and Louisville open next year. Interesting that they and Charleston are smaller stores than Cabelas has built in the past being roughly 1/3rd the size of their largest store and less than half the sqft of their Wheeling store.

10. KY Colonel

KY Colonel 6 pointer

Mar 25, 2011
    Letcher Co

11. rather-b-huntn

rather-b-huntn 10 pointer

its a search engine....actually dogpile is a better one....and you're welcome.

12. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    Have they started building the Cabelas in Louisville yet ?

13. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    My buddy said the Wheeling store was much bigger but to me the Charleston store was big. I was impressed. All of the sales were today. The "celebrities" we're supposed to be there today but I have 0 desire to see them.

14. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    Just walked out the door ,they impressed me very much. The store is about half the size of the others ive been in and still twice the size and selection of bass pro. Thank god ive got someone close besides mom and poppa gouger now.

15. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Cabelas in L'ville is scheduled to open in March. I've been to the one in Wheeling several times because I have family in Pittsburgh. It is where I bought my crossbow. It is awesome. They have a deer cave where there are replica mounts of some of the worlds biggest whitetails. There is also a fake camp site with a little man who tells hunting stories. I spent 3 hours in there one time and didn't see everything. Cabela's is my favorite outdoor store. I wanted to get rich and bring one to Lexington but one's coming to L'ville anyway.