Best duck hunting quotes

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Nathan_Babymojo, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Nathan_Babymojo

Nathan_Babymojo 6 pointer

Dec 1, 2009
    Owensboro,KY
    "FEAR GOD, LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR, AND SHOOT DUCKS" --- The man himself big phil

I WOULD ONLY PAY $150 FOR A DUCK CALL IF AFTER I CALLED DUCKS AND KILLED THEM WITH IT, I COULD TURN THE CALL AROUND AND SUCK THE FEATHERS OFF THE DUCK!!
    -PHIL R. AKA DUCK COMMANDER

2. teamoutlaw

teamoutlaw 8 pointer

Sep 20, 2009
    their eatting us up! "my uncle"

3. Nathan_Babymojo

Dec 1, 2009
    Owensboro,KY
    "some might call that sky bustin, i call it optimism"
    "thats what its all about, right there, what ya just saw, lawsuits, divorces, fightin on the bank, all cuz what you just saw"
    "Coming right at us! A pair of singles!"

4. Me to a huntin buddy at 2 am: Why are we doing this again?

Hunting buddy replies: Cause them D@!# ducks is SH!%%N in my water and Im mad at em!

5. Oscar

Oscar 6 pointer

Sep 22, 2009
    Oscar, KY
    "man, if they had made one more pass" often said in the blind

I think the duckman also said, " The things a man will do for a duck!"

6. Oscar

Oscar 6 pointer

Sep 22, 2009
    Oscar, KY
    or "DON'T MOVE" in the loudest whisper possible!

7. rcatron

rcatron 6 pointer

Apr 12, 2010
    winchester, ky
    on being asked about shooting ducks on the water....."you mean they can fly?"

8. ceg4uk

ceg4uk 8 pointer

Oct 31, 2006
    Sloughs WMA
    My dad, after struggling to get his waders down and to do his business, knee-deep in mud in the slough, "I think I got pee on my calls."

After blowing said calls at incoming ducks later, "Yep, I did."

9. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

My buddy "I don't think they can hear us calling" Me. "Yep, they can hear us, thats why they aren't coming...'cause we suck at using duck calls."

My buddy.."Is that thing your blowing a crack pipe?" Me.."No, why?" My buddy..."It must be a crack pipe, cause if you think ducks are coming to that you must be smoking crack!"

10. Cantmisum

Cantmisum 8 pointer

To the newbe in the blind - "Don't shoot, untill you can see the whites of there eyes".

11. "Now....what is all this fuss about these fried honey bun thingies???"

"They can't be any good."

"Dang they are really good......good enough to make you wanna slap your mamma!"

12. Take em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Friend "They changed the rules to only steel shot because steel doesn't kill ducks, they want to limit how many we kill"

Me "Yeah, that is why we have daily limits"

Friend "Yeah, but lead shot expands, thats why the ducks die better with lead"

Me "So you are telling me that that #4 shot steel won't kill the pile of ducks I have sitting next to me."

Friend "Lead expands man, thats why it kills better"

Me "haha, yeah...that tiny lead shot expands enough to make a different, take off your tin foil hat, you are scaring the ducks. Oh, and quit missing ducks"

14. My favorite " Let's stay just a little longer they will get up and fly in a minute" And as the group that buzzed are caps are flying away after my buddy say's let em make one more pass " Damn we should have shot em"

15. Nathan_Babymojo

Dec 1, 2009
    Owensboro,KY
  16. WhiteRubi

WhiteRubi 12 pointer

Apr 13, 2005
    Richmond
    With one guy in our group it's usually...

boom, boom, boom..."Take 'em!!!"

17. Standing at the Ramp at 4am " where's the PLUG?"

18. UKDucks

UKDucks 6 pointer

Dec 26, 2006
    This one's not funny really but one of my favorates out of the MacQuarrie book:

"I pity the duck hunter who goes for ducks alone. I pity the duck hunter who has not filled his being the dawn magic. I pity the one who cares not, or knows not, what he has killed...There is a great deceit in duck hunting by which men count their sport in terms of 'limit bags' and 'good shooting.' Be not fooled. These same men would great the rising sun in season though they knew their chances of killing even a single duck were very, very poor indeed."

Gordon MacQuarrie from "The Bluebills Died at Dawn."

19. Don't forget "Put another slug in that Emperor penguin...that BB isn't working!!"

20. tomfever

tomfever 6 pointer

May 30, 2010
    western side of kentucky
    Sounds to me like someone read the duck commander interview in waterfowl and retriever last week.