Attn Ginseng hunters

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by hunteatsleep, Jun 2, 2007.

1. hunteatsleep

hunteatsleep 10 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    Montgomery County, KY
    Anyone know of anyplace that buys gensing this time of year. I usually sell mine in Paintsville at the flea market. I don't think they buy this time of year, not until season opens. i have about 3/4 of a pound that i have dug over the last few years that i want to sell. i hate selling it for a low price but i need money. thanks for any help you can give.

2. SmokeyBear

SmokeyBear 8 pointer

Natures Bend LLC located at 9213 McWhorter Road in London, KY. I think the owner's name is Charles Allen or something like that. Their phone number is 606-843-2350 I believe. I've done some business with them in the past and they have always given me fair prices. They buy ginseng, yellow root, etc...

Hope this helps.

3. hunteatsleep

hunteatsleep 10 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    Montgomery County, KY
    thanks smokey bear, i will them a call monday

4. raktrakr

raktrakr Cyber-Hunter

Jan 20, 2002
    central ky
    I dont think you can legally sell it right now. There was four people that got in some trouble a week or so ago here in the south central part of the state for selling about $3500 worth. Something about out of season,I didnt catch the whole story

5. R Littleton

R Littleton 6 pointer

Oct 12, 2006
    Prestonsburg, Ky.
    I dont think you can sell it until after Aug. 15th unless it is to someone that you know like maybe another digger.