# 1 deer attractant---homemade

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by fusion308, Aug 22, 2006.

1. fusion308

fusion308 8 pointer

Nov 23, 2005
    Try This
    2 Caps Of Worcestershire Sauce Use Bottlecap
    1-can Of Corn Juice,save The Juice,eat The Corn
    1-can Of Apple Juice,use Corn Can For Amount
    2-3 Spoons Of Peanut Butter Oil,open New Jar Of Smuckers Natural Brand ,dip Oil Off Top Of Peanut Butter

Put All Ingredients In Pan And Stir,cook On Stove Until Almost Boiling,remove From Heat And Let Cool
    Pour Into Big Spray Bottle,keep In Fridge ,good For 2 Weeks

Spray On Drag Rag Or Boots Going To Stand
    Spray On Trees , Bushes ,ground ,all Around Stand Area

Get In Stand And Wait For Deer,they Will Come..............

2. I might have to try that out.

3. TROPHYTAKER308

TROPHYTAKER308 Banned

Oct 23, 2005
    frankfort,ky
    Its For Real,no Joke.....it Works......

4. 6.5x55swedish

6.5x55swedish 12 pointer

May 27, 2005
    Lexington
    Might work better if you loose the worchestershire. I don't think it is doing anything for the mix as it is made from fish and I have never seen a deer fishing:D I have used fresh apple cider before as a cover scent, but you need to spray that on after you reach the stand as deer tend to shy away from 200 lb apples walking through the woods.

5. fusion308

fusion308 8 pointer

Nov 23, 2005
    try It ,try It ,try It

6. TROPHYTAKER308

TROPHYTAKER308 Banned

Oct 23, 2005
    frankfort,ky
    i think the worchester sauce smells a little like tarsel gland,maybe that could be it.
    or maybe the deer like it on the steaks and acorns....lol:D

7. Mount-N-Man

Mount-N-Man 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2004
    Maybe the deer sniffing the worchester sauce marinades their meat on the hoof.

8. jarhedhntr

jarhedhntr 10 pointer

Apr 20, 2005
    Richmond
    Pre marination, I like it.:D

9. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Sounds like a good thing to have if you forget your snack.

I might give it a try.

10. gwhilikerz

gwhilikerz Banned

Oct 16, 2004
    I have been known to put vanilla extract on my boots when hunting. It works sometimes. I think it was russell hull that bottles something that has a vanilla smell that works also. Does the vanilla draw deer or cover scent? Depends on who you talk to.

11. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

I've put vanilla extract on tree stumps and had deer come right over and start licking the spot.

12. 6.5x55swedish

6.5x55swedish 12 pointer

May 27, 2005
    Lexington
    Have you tried hunting without an attractant to see if you see more, or less deer? I used to use tinks and have tried a few other attractants and thought that I was seeing less deer than I do without it. I like to get some branches from a nearby cedar tree and rub that on my clothing as a cover, that way I am not introducing a totally new scent into the area I am hunting.

13. fusion308

fusion308 8 pointer

Nov 23, 2005
    Heres a couple of all natural scents ,if you are hunting around cows , pick up a dry patty and rub it on your clothes and boots,you will blend right in. Heres another one ,if deer are going under a low fence wire , or jumping a fence in your area ,pick the hair off the fence they leave behind,mix it with distilled water and spray on. You will smell like the deer in your area.

14. TROPHYTAKER308

TROPHYTAKER308 Banned

Oct 23, 2005
    frankfort,ky
    i dont like to get it on my hands ,so i just get on the ground and roll in it..[​IMG]

15. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Not sure about Russell Hull, but Dan Fitzgerald still markets some stuff he calls VK- "vanilla killa"

I made some of my own years ago after I saw it on one of his videos and used it a few times without any results. I caught his show on the Outdoor Channel a couple days ago and they're still selling it.

16. gwhilikerz

gwhilikerz Banned

Oct 16, 2004
    Hull's stuff was/is called Cover-Up.

17. 6.5x55swedish

6.5x55swedish 12 pointer

May 27, 2005
    Lexington
    "Fishing lures are made to catch fishermen, not fish" I feel the same way about all these bottled scents.

18. fusion308

fusion308 8 pointer

Nov 23, 2005
    6.5x55swedish,mind if I ask a ?. Do you use any type of scents and do you bow or gun hunt?

19. 6.5x55swedish

6.5x55swedish 12 pointer

May 27, 2005
    Lexington
    I mostly bow hunt, and I do not use any scents. That is not to say that I do not try and be a scent free as possible. I store my hunting clothing all year in plastic totes with the cedar branches that I mentioned earlier. I also only put the camo on in the woods and do not wear it back out. I did not have any luck with the store bought scents and I think I see more deer without it.

20. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    I usually take the Scent Free approach also, I use that White Lightning spray also.

I'll admit though, close to and during the rut I can't help but use a little estrous scent, and I've been known to make Mock scrapes too. Thats about all the scents I use though. In the mock scrapes I either use fresh me pee-pee or some bottled buck urine.