Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank God for LBL

Default Thank God for LBL

Well, I have had an unbelievable fall already between Wyoming, Utah, and here in Kentucky, but I still can't manage to shed this itchy, aching, deep internal burning fever that is always associated with this time of year. I must be highly allergic to something. LOL. I've always wanted to hunt in LBL, particularly because it is an extra buck, but time, money, and putting friends/family on deer here in my home area has always kept me away. But this year was different. I was able to make a few trips out early to scout and having a contact there at lbl was also helpful, but didn't work as well as I thought it would. I spent most of the first day there looking around and found lots of sign and even jumped one decent 120'' deer along with 7 does. After finding where 3 ridges came together with one little saddle pass, I immediately checked the map, and headed back to the truck for the stand. I just had to hunt there that afternoon, although I had already promised myself to scout the entire day. After a long, wet, and trying hike with too much ambiguous equipment I found my tree and climbed. 10 minutes later the action was on. A doe followed by a young seven pointer, then another doe with two fawns, then another doe, then 2 more does with fawns and then big boy stepped out. The trail the does were on would bring him to within 30 yards of my tree. Slowly; heart pounding, knees shaking, and head spinning I readied for the shot and a doe busted me as I drew; TOO MANY EYES! Luckily, all deer remained still and I took the shot. I wasn't for sure how big he was, I just knew he was better than 150, hopefully 160. After climbing down to a blood trail that was by far too graphic for tv, I found him 65 yards later. I've not put a tape to him yet, but he does have better than 13 inch g2's and better than 16'' wide. His right side is broke up with 3'' missing from his g3, an inch missing from his mainbeam and 1 inch from his brow tine. His left side has a broken kicker off of his g2. It was a phenomenal hunt. I'm hooked on LBL
    Hunting isn't everything, It's the ONLY thing

Very nice...congrats
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Bigger than 150, bigger than 160, and from the looks of things you can keep saying "bigger than" quite a few more times as well. Unreal, thats about all I can say....
    Proudly serving up reality to the delusional

a beast for sure
    "bacon tastes good, porkchops tastes good." Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

great buck we hunt close to there if i fill my gun tag i may have to pull out the bow and check it out for myself

Congrats, great buck
    "I will sit there gun up and heart thundering and say to myself.....I'm glad I lived to see it one more time" Tom Kelly

Dayuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

Awesome buck ! Congrats.

That is a stud! Congrats on your season!

Definately a nice un, But I would not consider that the norm for LBL. I've hunted there for years..., and aint never seen nothin like that !!! Congratulations !

Thread Information