Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best way to eliminate coyotes off your property???

Default Best way to eliminate coyotes off your property???

I have about 400 hundred acres in Grayson County, We were just up their this past weekend and it seems that the coyotes are worst than in years past. We like to deer hunt and dont want the coyotes to kill fawns or turkeys off the land. Just about every still hunt on stand we were seeing them and hearing them all night long running through the bottoms. I have herd different ways to kill them, but wanting to know what you guys thought was the best way???

Trapping.......
    "I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature's ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow." ---Fred Bear

I carry a rabbit hand call in my backpack. When I see or hear the yotes I will try to callem in.

get someone who is a hard core coyote hunter to put some serious pressure on them. then combine that with a trapper.

you will never "get rid" of coyotes - but you will make your farm a bad place for them to live and they will figure that out quickly.
    I don't know what would make me more mad, someone breaking into my house or someone bleeding all over my carpet!

Firm believer in 2nd Amendment rights!

shoot them in the face area.

I have heard that if you hang a couple of coyote carcuses around the property, they will see it as a sign of danger, and not return. After all if cusin bubba got shot and uncle bob got trapped and killed why would i want to be there.

Trapping is the best way. But you'll never get rid of them completely without fencing that they can't get through.

What is the best way to trap them? It might be easier to get a trapper out their and do it for me, You typically dont have to pay for a trappy correct? Does any one know of a trapper in the grayson county area?

http://fw.ky.gov/app1/NuisanceLookup.aspx

Or gets some friend together and do it yourself
    there are several on here that would be willing to travel a short ways and help you out
    Alittle long drive for me but that WEEDWALKER is a magnet when its coyote hunting
    Fuzzy

Thats rite fuzzy. he is a good man to have on the coyote stand. real good luck crarm.

Thread Information