Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Thread: Grayson County?

Default Grayson County?

Hello Everyone,
    I am new to this site and my family just purchased land in Grayson county last year. Was wondering if any one knew the area, or know how the county ranks in kentucky of producing big bucks?

Grayson is coming back slowly. We had a severe outbreak of EHD a couple years back that really knocked back the herd. The hot weather has kept deer sightings down this year, but I think we will have a good overall season. We have been zone 3 for a couple of years and that should help produce more quality bucks in the future.

What area of the county did you buy in?
    The reasons it didn't get built are: "Lack of leadership, lack of vision, petty self-interest and pure ignorance".

All the animals, birds, and fish will live in fear of you.
    They are all placed under your power. Now you can eat them, as well as green plants; I give them all to you as food. Genesis 9:2-3.

ive hunted on our family farm for almost 20 years. i love it here. deer have always been around, but more plentiful than ever. Ive seen more deer in the last 3 seasons (since the EHD-bluetongue) outbreaks, than i had in the previous 15 seasons. not alot of 140+" bucks ever been taken on our farm, partly due to gun season pressure. Ive never killed a monster buck, but they are here, just be selective and patient.

This year im averaging about 6-8 deer sightings a trip, usually 3-4 does, 2-4 fawns and a few small bucks. stay away from crop land, focus on cover and water. the deer im watching every trip is coming to alphapha/fescue fields. goin to and from water. they arent hitting my cornpiles anymore (since the last 3 weeks), very few pictures on trail cams.
    "Let nothing walk, shoot everything"
    "Bullets are cheap, shoot him again"
    "why do i do these things? its the rush"

Thanks for the replies, We herd about the blue tongue out breaks, I herd that alot of parts of Kentucky were hit pretty hard. Our land in south west of Leitchfield. I was able to harvest a 10 pointer that green scored 154 last year. If I can figure it out I will post some pictures of him. Are family tries to trophy hunt for the most part, If its not going on the wall or has some genetic problem we don’t harvest a buck, and if we want meat we harvest does. I guess you can say we have some high expectations to harvest some nice animals in the future years. The land seems to have some good genetics from what we have seen so far. Im heading back up their on Thursday to hunt, hopefully I will get lucky. Have you noticed if the acorns are falling earlier that usual? And have you seen any rub or scrape action so far?

A 154" buck is pretty good in anyone's book!! I've haven't seen any rubs or scapes, but acorns are falling everwhere.
    The reasons it didn't get built are: "Lack of leadership, lack of vision, petty self-interest and pure ignorance".

All the animals, birds, and fish will live in fear of you.
    They are all placed under your power. Now you can eat them, as well as green plants; I give them all to you as food. Genesis 9:2-3.

Thread Information