Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Thread: lamprey eels

Near the banks of the cumberland river!!!

Default lamprey eels

Any of yall been catchen fish on barkley or ky with these suckers stuck to them?dad drug one in the boat today on a redear they are some rough looken critters
    WACK'EM AN STACK'EM

Lamprey eels were a huge problem several years ago in the Great Lakes.

I shot a gar on KY a couple of years ago that had a big one. First and only one that I have ever seen there.
    It's not so much if you win or lose - it's how you shoot the flaming arrow while riding a camel.

http://www.unclelees.com/
    http://www.wingsupply.com/

There are eels, and there are lamprey eels. I think the one we see is the American eel.

40 years ago i had an eel in a quart jar of alcohol that my neighbor caught in Barkley. Eels are rarely seen but they are native to Kentucky.
    'But I would rather have it bent and dull and know I had to put it on the grindstone again and hammer it into shape and put a whetstone to it, and know that I had something to write about, than to have it bright and shining and nothing to say, or smooth and well-oiled in the closet, but unused.
    E. Hemingway

You know, if you put spaghetti sauce on on your ramen noodles, it tastes just like broken dreams and disappointment.
    My college son

Quote Originally Posted by quackrstackr View Post
    I shot a gar on KY a couple of years ago that had a big one. First and only one that I have ever seen there.
    Said gar that quackr spoke of:

"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

Quote Originally Posted by trust me View Post
    There are eels, and there are lamprey eels. I think the one we see is the American eel.

40 years ago i had an eel in a quart jar of alcohol that my neighbor caught in Barkley. Eels are rarely seen but they are native to Kentucky.
    We have both around here. The lampreys are some nasty looking suckers with a round mouth full of teeth. The one on that gar is the only one that I have ever seen up close and personal.. thankfully. It was attached up inside the gill area until I pulled the fish into the boat. It instantly detached and writhed around in the bottom of the boat like the nasty parasitic snake that it is. I would have shot it in the bottom of the boat if it wouldn't have sunk wkb and I about a mile from where we launched.

You used to be able to catch American eels around here pretty regularly when I was a kid but I haven't seen one of those in a while.
    It's not so much if you win or lose - it's how you shoot the flaming arrow while riding a camel.

http://www.unclelees.com/
    http://www.wingsupply.com/

Is that what them things are? I thought they were some kind of leech. Caught a carp the other day at Rough and one about 8 inches long fell off the top of it when i picked it up. Left a nasty looking hole on the fish. Stepped on it and blood went everywhere. Then it swam off, like a snake. Learn something everyday.

Near the banks of the cumberland river!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trust me View Post

hate to break it to ya but the one we had in the boat sunday was a lamprey like the one wkb posted they are here.an like they said i havent seen the American eel around here since i was 7 or 8 an im 34 now this was the first one of these ive ever seen
    WACK'EM AN STACK'EM

I caught what I assume is an American Eel on the canal in the late 80's at about 4am. I wasnt' sure if I had an eel or a snake on the line with nothing but a flashlight to see with. It was about 2 ft long and as big around as a coke bottle.

Thread Information