Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Thread: Laurel lake walleyes

Default Laurel lake walleyes

Will someone please let me in on some secrets to catching walleyes at laurel. Been running around that lake for 4 yrs and never tried for eyes. Just started and need help. Come on aceoky give up some tips. P.s. Saw your boat and sent you a pm.
    VEGETARIAN-- OLD INDIAN WORD FOR BAD HUNTER.

I have been there twice for a church fishing/camping outing and pretty much everyone I know casts the banks at night for them. That lake is tough for someone just getting going, good luck.
    Share our sport, take a deer bowhunting.

I'm not on much any more I did reply to the PM and gave you my email

Getting "good and solid" information on Laurel walleyes is like trying to pull hen's teeth, casting the rocky banks and points at night in late April/May into early June with any rogue, floating Rapalas etc. "should " net you some nice walleyes just keep after them and don't give up.

Many walleye are caught "by accident" by bass fishermen so I've had to use that information to try to figure out a pattern (and which I'm still trying LOL) I've not had a chance to go to Laurel as much as we used to, as my wife took a teaching job in Feb and we've moved further away, in a few more weeks we'll have MUCH more time to get after them and I fully intend to do exactly that!

Another important thing, when they're that shallow any boat noise will kill the bite and don't use any more lighting than required by law, when you're tying on for example use very little light and try to keep the cast of light off the shore area...
    Last edited by aceoky; 05-18-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Additional information added

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Only An Armed People Can Ever Be Truly Free ;
    Only An Unarmed People Can Ever Be Enslaved.
    Aristotle

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by aceoky View Post
    Another important thing, ... don't use any more lighting than required by law; when you're tying on, for example, use very little light and try to keep the cast of light off the shore area...
    Trolling in reverse will put the lines in front of the boat; that way your baits (whether live or artificial) get to the fish before the light spooks them.
    Work hard, play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Labrador View Post
    Trolling in reverse will put the lines in front of the boat; that way your baits (whether live or artificial) get to the fish before the light spooks them.
    I don't get it, if you're in reverse and the lines are at the front of the boat wouldn't the big bright white light on the rear of the boat(you know required by law) be first for them to see long before your lines got to the fish?

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Aristotle

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by aceoky View Post
    I don't get it, if you're in reverse and the lines are at the front of the boat wouldn't the big bright white light on the rear of the boat(you know required by law) be first for them to see long before your lines got to the fish?
    It seems you do get it. Maybe I used the wrong emoticon to indicate that going in reverse doesn't actually put the boat behind the lines that are off the bow. Unless you are in a current stronger than the speed you are moving, the light will always get to the fish before the bait.
    Work hard, play harder.

I was wondering how the bait got there before the boat when trolling. Thought maybe you was using some kinda new line and pushing your bait along in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by weedwalker View Post
    I was wondering how the bait got there before the boat when trolling. Thought maybe you was using some kinda new line and pushing your bait along in front of you.
    Don't think walleye would hit on wire that big/stiff

— Abraham Lincoln

Aristotle

Thread Information