Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deeps gun store in lebanon

Default Deeps gun store in lebanon

Anybody ever go to deeps gun and outdoor store in Lebanon? I went down there this morning looking to buy a gun with money in pocket. When I walked in there was about 10 or so guys sitting around shooting the bull. The guy behind the counter says can I help you,I told him what I was looking for and be said he might have a couple down there and that was it. The guy acted like he didn't care if he sold me a gun or not,he was more interested in his loafing crowd. He never got out of his seat to come help me or anything,I drove all the way from Harrodsburg to possibly buy a gun from him and he didn't even want to bother with me. Inturned aroun and walked right back out,after checking q few prices on my own. I'm glad I did,I came back to Harrodsburg and bought a gun that was 60$ more at deeps. I was just wondering if anyone ever went in there or maybe it was just a bad day for the guys there.

Did you go to Hensley's?
    What is written above is an OPINION. It may contain a mix of truth, fiction, BS, and sarcasm.

Yep,I always thought hensleys was high but he was cheaper than deeps and buds.

Been to Deep's many many times..... Justin and Eddie are great folks and always treat me right!

You werent wearing a pink shirt or a Yankees ball cap were you?

I figured they may be haveing a buisy morning. I don't wear pink and I hate baseball,so your answer is no.

Guns stores and taxidermy shops seem to be a magnet for all the local BS'ers.
    What is written above is an OPINION. It may contain a mix of truth, fiction, BS, and sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by HUNTINGMAN View Post
    Anybody ever go to deeps gun and outdoor store in Lebanon? I went down there this morning looking to buy a gun with money in pocket. When I walked in there was about 10 or so guys sitting around shooting the bull. The guy behind the counter says can I help you,I told him what I was looking for and be said he might have a couple down there and that was it. The guy acted like he didn't care if he sold me a gun or not,he was more interested in his loafing crowd. He never got out of his seat to come help me or anything,I drove all the way from Harrodsburg to possibly buy a gun from him and he didn't even want to bother with me. Inturned aroun and walked right back out,after checking q few prices on my own. I'm glad I did,I came back to Harrodsburg and bought a gun that was 60$ more at deeps. I was just wondering if anyone ever went in there or maybe it was just a bad day for the guys there.
    I have known eddie and justin for a long time. They have always been good to me.
    Did you know a palm can say alot about a person? Especially when it smacks you upside the head!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim T View Post
    Are you high?

Similar thing happened to me a few years ago at Tillford's Gun Shop on Fern Valley Rd. up in Louisiville. I walked in, money in pocket, but no one said squat to me. Stood there for a couple of minutes and then walked back out.

Another time I called Firearms Service Center in Louisville checking prices on a particular gun. Told the feller what I was wanting and he proceeded to tell me everything that was wrong with it. Told the feller that I was aware of the issues with earlier models of the gun, but everything that I had read and everyone that I had talked to about the newer models was good and without problems. Didn't seem to matter to him. Never did get a price out of him. The next day I went a put a deposit down at another place and had them order it for me.

I guess places like this do well enough with their existing customer base and don't have to worry about any new customers.
    The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

I've found that most places won't tell you prices over the phone. They want you to come in there.
    A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by ptbrauch View Post
    I've found that most places won't tell you prices over the phone. They want you to come in there.
    Every other place I called did, except Firearms Service Center. The guy was too busy telling me how bad the gun was. Funny thing though, I've run probably 2,500 rounds through it and haven't had any kind of issue.

It's similar to when I was mounting a scope on a .444 Marlin. Went into a shop and told the feller I wanted steel rings and a steel base. He told me I probably needed the steel rings, but an aluminum base would be OK. Two things about that...... If you "need" steel rings, why would you settle for something softer where it attaches to the gun?? The other thing is that it shouldn't have mattered if I wanted GOLD rings & bases! That was what I, the customer, wanted and was willing to pay for.
    The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

Thread Information