Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: higdon decoys

Default higdon decoys

hey how good are higdon decoys on durability and things like that

I have some of the motion shell goose decoys and they seem to be holding up just as well as any others that I have ever had and much better than some.
    It's not so much if you win or lose - it's how you shoot the flaming arrow while riding a camel.

http://www.unclelees.com/
    http://www.wingsupply.com/

Friend in Shelby/Oldham county runs about 5 dozen of them. Mix of motion shells and full bodies. They are rugged, have held up for at least 10 years, and only need re-flocked every 3-4 years.

I personally don't think they look as good as some other brands, but they are fairly rugged.

Mayor of Deanefield (self appointed of course!)

Like quackerstacker, I have some of their motion shells. They are a very durable decoy. The goose floaters are built exactly the same. I've not purchased any of the duck decoys, but would expect the durability.
    As mentioned, they aren't as good looking as others on the market. I personally think the ghg hot buy goose shell decoys are the best looking shell for the money. They are a little larger than the higdons and have a few more head positions in the dozen.
    You can catch the higdon shells on sale for around 75 bucks with shipping right now.

yea i just ordered some for 77 dollars including shipping its a pretty good deal i think

Mayor of Deanefield (self appointed of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseky View Post
    yea i just ordered some for 77 dollars including shipping its a pretty good deal i think
    I did the same thing two years ago and I have not been disappointed with them.
    I love full bodies, but they are very inconvenient for daily hunts. Shells are worth their weight in gold. Space savers and highly effective when you mix in a few full bodies.

Lightbulb

The paint comes off and the heads break off easy on the full bodies,,not as good as big foot full bodies,,the Shells are ok.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away :George Carlin...........Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseky View Post
    hey how good are higdon decoys on durability and things like that
    Had some full bodies since 01 held up great been hunted hard. Would buy some more

Stackables are excellent.
    You wanna kill geese don't ya.

I got 5 dozen of the magnum mallards several years ago and the paint on the drake heads just flaked off in a matter of days.It was just the heads on the drakes the rest of the decoys still look good.From duck killing distance you cant tell it but up close they look really bad.I dont know if they got this fixed.I sold several dozen cheap to some boys up north that wanted them like that,said the early season ducks dont have lots of green on the heads.He's right but still.I was proud to get rid of them.After that it kind of burnt me on higdon stuff.

Thread Information