Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TN deer

Default TN deer

My brother originally posted the trail cam pics of this buck on the Trail Camera Forum under the heading "TN Brutes." The deer was on my mother-in-law's land. I never could talk her into letting me hunt and believe me, I begged, offered her money, even told her I'd name a grand-kid after her.
    Well, she told me over the holidays that some guy had killed it during rifle season right after Thanksgiving. I'm not sure that anyone ever got the whole story, but the guy wasn't completely legal. Here's an article telling the story and a picture of the deer. http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_164810.asp
    My mother-in-law was pretty sick over all the shady stuff that went on with this guy killing this deer. I'm hoping that might convince her to let me bow hunt down there next year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thats one nice deer. If the guy who acually shot the deer dosent get it back it would be a shame but he brought it on himself for not following the laws and not knowing the hunting regs.

Question Confused!!!!

That is one nice deer!!!

Your MIL will not let you hunt but she let this guy hunt??

What did you do to piss her off!!!!!!!!! (besides marry her daughter)
    Again, you must have never read the rules ?. . . They give out ''FREE BOOKS'' for dumb people.

The entire story is nuts, how exactly is the person who shot the deer a tenant?

If he was working on the land, then the deer actually belongs to him.

Personally I wouldn't want to have a MIL that wouldn't allow family members to hunt on her land.
    "It is easy to be brave from a distance."

The guy who shot the deer either owns or works land across the highway from my MIL's property. She only has a small piece, maybe 20 acres, of woods on the river bluff before you get to the miles of river bottom farm land. This guy was hunting farm land.
    I haven't really done anything to piss her off (other than marrying her daughter). She just seriously thinks of those deer as pets and won't let anyone hunt them-she's the woman in the article whose hobby is taking trail cam pics of deer. I knew, and even told her when she asked me about it, that as soon as the rut was on and that deer started moving, someone would get him. That's why I started on her back in August trying to get her to let me bow hunt. I'm hoping this incident will change her mind. When she told me about it, I told her, "wouldn't you rather have your son-in-law with that deer hanging in his house than some criminal?"

Man that is one crazy story!

That MIL is going to be the death of you once his offspring start running around. Show her some videos of why your not supposed to treat the wild animals like your pets.

Can't kill'em from the couch...

Default Nice buck

A lot of people do not know it, but Tennessee has a lot of big bucks.

I have seen some giant bucks down in Henry county and in Stewart county Tennessee.

YEP What a mess. Still, a brute of a deer! YEA A lot of people do not know it, but Tennessee has a lot of big bucks.
    The soil might not be so good but the food is OK it seems.
    Those big Texas bucks they imported into Fort Campbell back in the restoration era and there big rack genes seem to be still cropping up now -and-again.

I have seen a lot of the deer pictures out of Fort Campbell, and a lot of the bucks have really tall and wide racks, but for some reason the deer don't seem to weigh very much. I really don't understand why. Most of the deer taken out of Fort Campbell only weigh around 150 pounds. I'm sure there are a few 200 pound bucks on the base somewhere.

I'm thinking about hunting at Fort Campbell next season, I know a guy who works there, and he claims he can drive around the base and count up to 100 deer every evening.

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we practice to deceive.”

Truer words never spoken!

Thread Information