Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ginsenging

What is wild gingseng bringing this year?

Around 250$

Started out at $80 lb green here. I hold out till later. Should have about 2lbs dry right now!!

Just discovered this board and noticed this topic. My brother-in-law has some dried ginseng to sell but does not know any buyers. Just wondering if anyone knew any numbers of buyers in the Louisville or Southern Indiana area. Thanks

Anyone look for goldenseal. I think it goes for about 30 a pound.

SHA, its not going for that much here, only around 15$. Its really down this year, its has been as much as 40$. Its still worth the trouble of hunting thought, doesn't take near as much seal to make a pounds as it does seng.

I've got 2 questions. The first is what is goldenseal? The other is what is the difference between wild seng and "tame" seng? I know of a guy that grew some from seed that he bought and when he went to sell it, the buyer knew that it wasn't wild. How can you tell?

Called yellow root, cultaviated seng kinda grows like a carrot straight and it just doesnot look the same as wild stuff. And i,d say all the seng he tried to sell was about the same size. Dig it long enough and its not to hard to tell the diffrence.

Two days in some rough stuff and only 12 ozs. Things were so thick ya couldnot see 10 ft in front of ya. Head back there after frist frost. Hope everbody had better luck this weekend.

hello diggers i am new here just bought a place in hardin county hows the seng this year ive been hunting in muncie indiana dug 3.8pnd today found a patch with three eight prongs it was great havent seen much yellow root here but dug a bunch in bloomington ind not long back do i need apermit in ky if so were do i go good luck out in the woods all

Thread Information