Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how much do teachers make in kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    30,000 to 35,000 in most places in rural KY, A little more in urban centers. Send me a PM and tell me what area your thinking of moving to, and I will give you the low down if I can.

This is about dead on for a starting teacher with a bachelors degree. But as turkey said every county has publice records of teacher's salaries and should be able to contact the board of ed to find out any answers.
    "I never let my schooling interfere with my education." Mark Twain

Check out the link to see all the gubment employees in Jeff Co., including teachers. I was surprised how much teachers and cops make. And teachers have 3 months off. Just do a search using a letter in the last name field. That will pull up everyone with a last name starting with that letter.

http://datacenter.courier-journal.co...ries/index.php
    NRA member #196246209

Quote Originally Posted by AteUp View Post
    Check out the link to see all the gubment employees in Jeff Co., including teachers. I was surprised how much teachers and cops make. And teachers have 3 months off. Just do a search using a letter in the last name field. That will pull up everyone with a last name starting with that letter.

http://datacenter.courier-journal.co...ries/index.php

"And teachers have 3 months off." You're obviously not a teacher...

Quote Originally Posted by nooge View Post
    "And teachers have 3 months off." You're obviously not a teacher...
    That was tongue in cheek sort of, hence the . It is more time off than the average job though, isn't it? I remember some of my HS teachers having summer jobs to make some extra cash.
    NRA member #196246209

Yes they get summers off (mostly),

MA Degree from good college > $100,000 (NOT Ivy League)

Then there is the PRAXIS tests to pass (plus they're not free either FWIW)

then see what MOST jobs with A MA pay in comparison.., management, computer programmers etc. And WHAT is more important than the future generations education????

Truth is MANY Restaurant managers make MORE than most teachers with MUCH less invested in degrees, but that is how reality is......

I've known chefs around KY making > $70k per year with great benefits...... and no six year + degree

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Only An Armed People Can Ever Be Truly Free ;
    Only An Unarmed People Can Ever Be Enslaved.
    Aristotle

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by aceoky View Post
    I've known chefs around KY making > $70k per year with great benefits...... and no six year + degree
    Yeah but chefs have to work some terrible hours. They work when everybody else is having fun.
    NRA member #196246209

I remember some of my HS teachers having summer jobs to make some extra cash.
    Probably still trying to pay back student loans

Seriously what does that tell you, a Profession critical to our Nations survival and needing "extra income" to make ends meet, SHOULD that be the case? I don't think so..

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Aristotle

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Yeah but chefs have to work some terrible hours. They work when everybody else is having fun.
    Agreed, but making twice what the average teacher does???? C'mon

— Abraham Lincoln

Aristotle

That was tongue in cheek sort of, hence the . It is more time off than the average job though, isn't it? I remember some of my HS teachers having summer jobs to make some extra cash.

I am a high school agriculture teacher and I get 21 week days off a year. Most other teachers do get the majority of June-July off and most schools now start the first week of August. It's a great job if you love it but I've seen teachers right out of college that get ate up (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by aceoky View Post
    Probably still trying to pay back student loans

Seriously what does that tell you, a Profession critical to our Nations survival and needing "extra income" to make ends meet, SHOULD that be the case? I don't think so..
    Not everyone has extra jobs or works OT to make ends meet. Go check out the link I posted above for some teacher salaries in Jeff county. Anyway you slice it, 55,000 is not bad money for a teacher.
    NRA member #196246209

Thread Information