Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do Quest bows shoot.

Default How do Quest bows shoot.

Does or has anyone shot the Quest bow ?. My son is out growing his bow while at Hodges in Marion they showed him one. Honestly I liked the price and the bow did not look bad I know it a Matthews off brand and he is a big Matthew fan.

Well like most bows you knock an arrow on the string and pull back, then you point in the general direction you want to shoot in and release the string
    We should wish to live in peace, If you starve, I starve, If you eat, I eat. (Sheheke 1804)

Wow, That was a real intelligent, well put together response. I guess no one in the community forum would get into a political discussion with you, so you decided to grace us in the archery forum with your wealth of knowledge.

How do Quest bows shoot.

Pretty good. G5 makes them.
    "Beer is an acquired taste so you might as well acquire a taste for cheap beer."

Quest is the new name for the old Ross line of bows. It's a long story but you should be able to find the details online.

Basically, G5 was doing some machine work for Ross. Ross owed G5 some money and now G5 owns the rights to the old CR line of bows from Ross.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that the Quest Bows (G5) shoot just like a Ross.

The Quest bows are made by G5 not Mathews from what I have read. The ones that I have checked out seemed to be built very close to, if not a direct copy of Ross bows. They seem to be well built and have a lot of high-end features packed in an affordable bow. Here is a link to an article in Field and Stream magazine where they have a budget bow shootout with 4 different bows under $500 in which the Quest was ranked number 2 just behind the Mathews bow that was $20 less MSRP.

http://www.questbowhunting.com/docs/...and_stream.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Triad View Post
    Wow, That was a real intelligent, well put together response. I guess no one in the community forum would get into a political discussion with you, so you decided to grace us in the archery forum with your wealth of knowledge.
    naw...there is always a taker in the community forum. It was just the way he phrased the question; I couldn't resist the answer. IMO none of you answered the question he asked any better. He got a history lesson on the company and that is about it.
    When it comes right down to it with a bow FPS and balance is all that is different. You can adjust everything else to a degree. Give me any compound bow and another guy any other compound bow and if we are of equal skill we can preform the same with either bow.... one might hit the target faster, but he isn't asking about speed.
    We should wish to live in peace, If you starve, I starve, If you eat, I eat. (Sheheke 1804)

Quote Originally Posted by RJPOUTDOORS View Post
    Does or has anyone shot the Quest bow ?. My son is out growing his bow while at Hodges in Marion they showed him one. Honestly I liked the price and the bow did not look bad I know it a Matthews off brand and he is a big Matthew fan.
    Mission is Matthews "off brand". From what I gather, it's some of the older models of Matthews possibly with some less expensive parts/machining.

I made a mistake I met to ask about the Mission bows. My son is 10 and we are looking at moving him up to a bigger bow. Matthews has a bow for the next step up but it does not adjust out as far as the Mission does and yes the price is a little less. He likes Matthews my friend Craig pumped him up years ago about Matthews being the best he shoots for them. Thanks for the response I had heard that G5 took over Ross. They both make good bows.

I checked out an X3 and a Buckmasters at my local bow shop earlier this year. The X3 was the more budget priced bow that didn't have paralell limbs or the roller string guard. It did have some Mathews charicteristics like the solo cam and the mathews style grip. It had limb mounted string cusions which were pretty nice to see in a budget bow. I didn't shoot that one, but I did shoot the more expensive Buckmasters. It felt a lot like a Mathews to me. It shot very fast and quiet. It seemed to have a heavier draw than what I'm used to, but it can be adjusted from 40#-80#. I think it was set closer to 80# which made it difficult for me to draw. It had a lot of the Mathews features in it, like the paralell limbs and roller string guard. It also had limb mounted string cusions which did a good job at making it a quiet bow. Both of them came as a package with a good quiver, a True Glo Brite Site, an ultra rest, a stabilizer, and a braided sling. Overall they seemed to be good bows, if you like Mathews bows, then you will probably like them. The X3 was priced around $350 which is a great value and the Buckmasters was about twice that much at $689.

Thread Information