Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Unidentified Trail Cam Picture

I definitely saw a cougar in front of my house two nights ago at 9 o'clock just fifty yards away from me. Adam are you going to come here and see for yourself? This is the secong time I have seen one. I live in Adair county two miles from the Casey County line

Thanks 'eastky' for pointing out that 'kyfanatic' is obviously a LIAR! I don't undrestand why some people just have to tell lies to get their kicks. That's exactly why it's hard to believe the real stories and sightings, 'cause there's too many jerks out there crying wolf...or bear...or lion.

Well,I guess you better ask Todd Lester what he was doing in Greenup county and why he claims his pictures came from West Virginia before you start calling somebody a liar,jackass.
    I guess I planted that bear hair on those peoples car in Boone county too? Get your facts straight before you make accussations.
    Glenn P.

Will say this both pics do look the same.

Posted - 06/26/2004 : 06:39:43 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Redneck,I sent you another picture from the same area,if you don't mind post it for me please.
    Both these pictures were taken in Northern Ky,I won't specify were for obvious reasons.
    Hardcase,I don't know anything about the Henry county cat except anything is possible. "

Nice language fanatic. First you claim the photo came from Northern Kentucky. Now you claim it was taken in Greenup county? Did your camera take the photo or did Todd Lester's? Why don't you clear it up for us? The bear that was hit in Florence has nothing to do with this bobcat.

It's a bobcat. No one has seen the cougar we had around here [Hardin co.] for awhile so God knows where these things will turn up though.

u sent the pic wrong...try again

That does look like the same picture.This was also on that site.

Cougar kitten killed on a road in Floyd County, KY, 1997. Photo courtesy of Steve Thomas, KY Dept. of Fish & Wildlife Resources

CONFIRMATIONS

The ECF accepts only written documentation from reputable sources to confirm field evidence of cougar presence in the East. In 2000, several ECF officers and Board members wrote and presented a paper listing twelve confirmations by type of evidence at the 6th Mountain Lion Workshop. This series of Mountain Lion Workshops is the official forum for academic scientists and state and federal wildlife biologists concerned with management of cougars in both North and South America. Our paper was the first presentation of scientific evidence of cougars in the east. Since then, additional confirmations are as follows, by type of evidence:

Body or body part:
    13. KY kitten. In June, 1997, a man driving a pickup truck hit and killed an eight pound spotted female cougar kitten on Highway 850 in western Floyd County, KY. He said he also noticed a larger and a smaller shape, most likely the kitten's mother and sibling, because the kitten was still too young to be out on her own. The driver took the body to the Kentucky Department of Game & Fish, which froze it. When the kitten was analyzed, she was found to have all her claws intact, with no tattoos, tags, collars or other indication of captivity. DNA analysis indicated that the kitten's maternal ancestry included genes from South America, pointing to the pet trade (South American cougars are popular in the cougar pet trade), but paternal ancestry was shown to be North American.

This kitten is important for several reasons: she was a highway fatality, and biologists claim that if cougars were present in any numbers some would get hit by cars; she indicates that reproduction is going on in the wild; and she exemplifies the mixing of cougars from various origins that is probably occurring in the eastern woods. An April 20, 2001 letter from Steve Thomas, Wildlife biologist, KY Dept. of Fish and Wildlife Resources to Chris Bolgiano, ECF vp, confirms the above information.

Randy LaNeve
    Big R Custom Calls

kyfanatic is making excuses. Todd Lester is a well known Eastern Cougar researcher, and the ECF membership includes several respected wildlife biologists. The ECF works hard to dig up the FACTS on the existance of Eastern Cougars in specific areas.

They set those remote cams up throught West Virginia to attempt to document cougar presence in that state. Of course, since W. VA has a healthy black bear population, many bear pics were taken by the cameras, as was that 'unidentified' cat picture.

kyfanatic can resort to name calling and make all the excuses he wants, but the fact remains that the pictures he is claiming as his own were taken by other people, in a completely different part of the country. Posting other people's material and claiming it is yours is plagiarism... but beyond that, it's just really cheap and pathetic.

yep!

Thread Information