Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha Grizzly Cooling Fan Problem

Default Yamaha Grizzly Cooling Fan Problem

Got a question for everyone....does anyone know anything about the 4x4 Yamaha Grizzly. I got a 600 cc Yamaha Grizzly and the cooling fan is all seized up. The oil temp light keeps coming on and it is overheating. A new fan is over $350. I cant see spending that much for a new fan. I would think there is a cheaper route(motor, rebuild kit,.,??) and figured who better to ask than you all. If anyone has any ideas i would appreciate it. Note: It is a 600cc, not the more common 660cc. Thanks.

Look on Ebay ?

For what its worth,,,,a $350 fan is ALOT cheaper than a motor.
    I eat,sleep,ride,talk,breathe,dream,live and love my Cookers !

do some searches on the internet, it's usually not to hard to find good used atv parts
    Another American "not thinking clearly", or so he says, !

Since that model is at least 7 yrs old, you shouldnt have a problem finding a used fan. I'm pretty sure any Grizzly fan from 98-01 will work, the Kodiak may interchange as well
    Last edited by raktrakr; 12-02-2008 at 11:08 PM.
    Never Use Post Count as A Knowledge Gauge

Default cooling fan

Try summit .com and see if they have an electric fan the same size for 50 bucks.

Are you sure that it's seized and not something electrical? You may be able to run a wire from the battery to the fan. If it works - put in a togggle switch and manually turn it off and on. Cheap fix till you can do it right

just use a jumper wire from the battery to the fan to see if its just not getting power.
    John 3:16

When all else fails read the instructions.....

It could be a relay switch... Try this website http://www.nyrocatv.com/forum.cgi?viewcat=22

Post this question here they can help you out trust me

yeah, i have looked online, and surprisingly it is not the easiest item to find. Im going to keep looking though. Zeb...yeah its seized up. I can not manually turn the blade with my hand. I will try the wire direct to the battery for kicks, but i dont know. Thanks for the advice guys...Ill see what i can figure out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyshooter View Post
    yeah, i have looked online, and surprisingly it is not the easiest item to find. Im going to keep looking though. Zeb...yeah its seized up. I can not manually turn the blade with my hand. I will try the wire direct to the battery for kicks, but i dont know. Thanks for the advice guys...Ill see what i can figure out on it.
    Did you try that website??? Post it on the forum... Trust someone on there will know something

Thread Information